How can I get the beginning and ending balance on check register report?

crdurham1
crdurham1 Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
How can I get the beginning and ending balance on check register report?

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using CTL P to print the register?  Mine includes a balance column when I do that.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• crdurham1
    crdurham1 Member
    sorry but CTL P does not work for me. Seems like there should be a "Balance" colum in the report settings. Seems to break after joining the subscription model. anybody else have a suggestion.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the report accessed by the gear menu at the top right of the account, then More reports > Register report? That report has the starting and ending balance in the Amount column but not a running balance.

If the report looks scrambled or you do not see the Amount column in the column selections for that report, click on the gear to customize it and then click on Reset Columns.

The report accessed by File > Print <account name> or hitting Ctrl-P has the running balance, which includes the ending balance, but not the starting balance.

Which report are you looking at, or is it another report?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly, my test involved the file menu option which is supposed to be the same as CTL P but apparently it is different.  When I use the file menu option to print the register it includes a balance for every transaction, including starting and ending.

• Jim_Harman
    With both File/Print and Ctrl-P, you get a balance with each transaction, but it is a running balance.  The balance with the first transaction is not the opening balance, it is the balance after that transaction.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, but given it is a register report-as opposed to a financial statement-it seems to me it should still satisfy what the OP was looking for, e.g. by just picking up one more transaction.  If not then I suggest that the OP consider other reports.

• Jim_Harman
    @crdurham1 said "CTL P does not work for me." It's not clear what is wrong with it; it seems to be working as designed. There are more columns available in the other report, but not a running balance.
  • crdurham1
    crdurham1 Member
    Thank you for all your help and suggestions. After playing with various reports in various locations I have found under the file menu/ reports/banking there is a transaction report that will work great for me. As treasurer of HOA association the balances along with revenue expenses was the information the residents required. Thanks again for all your help.
This discussion has been closed.