Wells Fargo no longer supports Bank Mail

Answers

• dnag
    dnag Member ✭✭
    this! seriously, what's the deal with this message? I check the "don't display again" box - it won't go away.
  • dnag
    dnag Member ✭✭
    MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, it's back for me this morning. It missed 1 day for me somehow. The nuisance returns...☹️
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, back again.

And I got a similar message that Wells will be discontinuing secure messages from the phone app and web site as of July 13th. No alternative "it appears" but to call. Which I dread. Something going on. Too much to end that has to be used by customers.
  • Marvin Gardens
    Marvin Gardens Member ✭✭
    I get that Bank Mail message after every update, even if I am only updating my non-WF accounts.

I just noticed something weird. When I start Quicken, the logo that flashes by used to say "Quicken Premier" Now it includes the Wells Fargo Logo. Not sure when this started. I have another instance of Quicken on a different PC. That instance has no WF accounts so I see the normal logo and when I run my daily update I don't see the WF Bank Mail message.
  • Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭
    Really annoying! Turn it off! Is this a Quicken or Wells Fargo issue?? "Don't show this again" should work, but it doesn't! Enough!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report that the "Do not show this message again" checkbox fails to dismiss the message from Wells Fargo regarding the discontinuation of Bank Mail.

I have reported this behavior to our teams and will be back with any updates and/or resolution as one becomes available.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-2221)
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update for Wells folks, they are ALSO discontinuing messaging and secure email from their smartphone apps and web pages on July 13th! The only way for contact after that will be in the bank or on the phone. What a poor decision. I filed a complaint with the executive team on this. Just FYI.
  • ichulk
    ichulk Member
    why wont notifcation go away if you select dont show again?
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Wells Fargo Direct Connect going away?.
  • mpbundy
    mpbundy Member ✭✭
    edited June 16
    It is now June 15 and I continue to receive the "Important Message from Wells Fargo Bank" window each time I run OSU although each time I check the box to not show the message in the future. [removed - rant/unhelpful]
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Really has been toooo long. I've seen update rollouts for less this. Come on, COVID is over and should no longer be an excuse.
     ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭
    Yeah...still same problem popup for me also. June 16.
  • tgeery
    tgeery Member
    In spite of me checking the box "Don't Show This Message Again" about 100 times, every time I download new transactions in Quicken for Windows I am presented with the message yet again. Is there a way to stop seeing this message?
  • Ann in VA
    Ann in VA Member
    June 19th and it's still there. How hard could this be to fix?
  • Qkn Bill
    Qkn Bill Member
    I also have this same error - the "Important message from Wells Fargo Bank. keeps popping up, and the "Don't show..." checkbox does not make it go away for the next download from WF.
  • tgeery
    tgeery Member
    Sorry to hear you are seeing the same issue but glad it isn't just me!
  • fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭
    June 20...still here. Apparently very hard to fix.
  • Rhodopsin
    Rhodopsin Member
    Me three
  • Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭
    Still same problem today.
  • Michael 34
    Michael 34 Member ✭✭
    edited June 24
    If your bank sends you mail from their bank mail system through Quicken Direct Connect, Quicken will send you that same message every time you do an update. Quicken should send you the message once and discontinue sending you that same message after you read the message. I received a message from Wells Fargo on 11/18/2019 and have been getting that same message every time I update that account. I have gone to Quicken Support and Wells Fargo support and neither party takes responsibility or solves the problem. Wells Fargo discontinued their Bank Mail on June 1, 2021. I expected that I would no longer get that message upon update. Instead, I get a dialog box from Wells Fargo that tells me they are discontinuing bank mail on June 1, 2021 with two options. I can click on OK and that exact message and dialog box will appear on every future update, or I can click to stop the message. If I click to stop the message, I get the same old message from the bank mail system. If Wells Fargo discontinued their bank mail, then I should not get any mail messages from them, even a message sent last year. I have attached a screen shot of todays message.

I decided to open up a new checking account with TD bank to see if I would encounter the same problem with them. Sure enough when TD Bank sent me a bank mail message, that message continues to be sent to me every time I update.

Then I thought that it must be the Quicken Connection, so I took both accounts and changed the connection to Quicken Connect. The messages went away. The problem only occurs with Direct Connect. Quicken Direct Connect is not handling Bank Mail messages properly. If you do not use Direct Connect, how do you use Bill Pay services? What is the solution?
  • dougbaron
    dougbaron Member
    You need to eliminate this message
  • Michael 34
    Michael 34 Member ✭✭
    Please tell me why?
  • Michael 34
    Michael 34 Member ✭✭
    I see why you say that. I cannot find a way to do that. Could you flag the post to the moderator for me?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Michael 34 & @dougbaron

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and that you are also receiving the message regarding the discontinuation of Wells Fargo Bank Mail that returns even after being dismissed.

This is a known issue that has been escalated to our Product Teams for further investigation and resolution.

For more information and to automatically receive notification of any updates and/or resolution, please visit here  and 'bookmark' the post by clicking the bookmark icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • jakhay
    jakhay Member
    Just talked to Wells Fargo Tech Support. Bank Mail was a service whereby you could send a message to Wells Fargo from the Quicken App. This has been discontinued.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's not going away. Have to change banks to get rid of this popup.
     ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭
    Come on, Quicken, block this repeated annoying popup! "Do Not Show Again" should mean something!
  • kraft49
    kraft49 Member
    And it blocks further update processing until you click on it!
  • Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭
    edited June 28
    For what its worth, I'm another user who is really PO'd that a month after the service discontinued Quicken STILL hasn't fixed this inability to dismiss the reminder permanently.  [removed - disruptive/unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.