Etrade transactions stopped downloading in Feb 2021. How to fix/repair?

Options
My Etrade transactions have downloaded great for years. Recently they stopped. I have reset the account, deactivated/reactivated but noting has worked. Please advise if you know other action to take.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• award999
    award999 Member
    Options
    UKR, thank you for responding.
    What edition level - Version R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24

What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using? Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19042)

What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get? None

What bank(s) are you having issues with? ETrade Financial

What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with? Any/all transactions (I had three dividends posted today on Etrade and none were seen/downloaded to Quicken)

Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web? N/A ?

What have you tried so far to resolve the issue? Reset Account and deactivated/reactivated

Any advice is appreciated!
    Al
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Transactions posted today may not be available for download until tomorrow.
    Older transactions from the last 60 - 90 days should have downloaded, if the investment account is correctly activated for downloading. Check your Tools Menu / Account List if, for this account it shows "Yes (Direct Connect)" in the Transaction Download column. If it shows something else ... what does it show?
    Is your investment register properly sorted by Date? If it is, there should be a small black triangle in the "Date" column header, pointing up: "Date   ^". If it isn't, click on "Date" once. You can toggle Date sort order to show newest transaction on the bottom, or reverse it to show newest transaction at the top of the register. Just click it once to sort, click it again to reverse sort order.
    Now here's something for you to try:
    What is your setting for "automatically add to investment lists" in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions (2nd option from the top)?
    Whatever it is now, checkmarked or not, make a note of the setting. Click it to flip the setting, click OK to save it. Exit Quicken, wait 15 seconds and restart Quicken. Run an "Update Now" from the account register's gear icon.
    This may manage to break a stuck downloaded transaction free. Did it? Yes or no, either way, go back into Preferences, toggle the setting back to what it was before, click OK, exit Quicken, wait 15 sec. and restart Quicken.
    Are we making any progress?
  • award999
    award999 Member
    Options
    Check your Tools Menu / Account List if, for this account it shows "Yes (Direct Connect)" in the Transaction Download column. It shows "YES"

Is your investment register properly sorted by Date? YES

What is your setting for "automatically add to investment lists" in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions (2nd option from the top)?
    Whatever it is now, checkmarked or not, make a note of the setting. Click it to flip the setting, click OK to save it. Exit Quicken, wait 15 seconds and restart Quicken. Run an "Update Now" from the account register's gear icon.

This may manage to break a stuck downloaded transaction free. Did it? Unfortunately, No :-(

All excellent suggestions that I had not tried. Another interesting point is that I tract two other Etrade accounts (son and daughter-in0-law) and they work fine. I've checked and double checked to make sure that they are setup identically. They are!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One last shot in the dark and then I'll have run out of ammunition ...

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Crashes or killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

If it still doesn't work and if you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation and a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• award999
    award999 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your time and advice. I will go thru all the troubleshooting procedures. It that doesn't resolve the issue, I will definitely contact Quicken Support now that you have given me the direction on how to reach them.
    Thanks again!!!
    Al