Quicken no longer asks me for my Vault password when performing "update now" on my bank account

When I click "update now" the program goes directly to the bank without asking me for any passwords.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you're using the Express Web Connect connection method, Quicken doesn't require access to the Password Vault because the financial institution credentials are maintained remotely.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you perform One Step Update or Update Now more than once per Quicken session, Quicken won't bother asking you a second time.
  • redhed701
    redhed701 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I am aware of that feature. This is happening when I launch a new session of Quicken. In April, I was always asked for the password to the Vault before proceeding with an update. After a software update Version R33.19 in May 2021, the program goes directly to my bank without asking for a password. Seems very unsafe to me.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    redhed701 said:
    Thank you, I am aware of that feature. This is happening when I launch a new session of Quicken. In April, I was always asked for the password to the Vault before proceeding with an update. After a software update Version R33.19 in May 2021, the program goes directly to my bank without asking for a password. Seems very unsafe to me.
    I found a better explanation at: https://www.quicken.com/support/why-dont-i-need-enter-my-bank-password-download-my-bank
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @redhed701 ,

If all your Online Registers are Express Web Connect Protocol and not Direct Connect, the Password Vault, only requires a Password, when making changes.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• redhed701
    redhed701 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sherlock! That explains it. I was puzzled because the protocol changed suddenly and I did not see anything in the release notes.