Accounts incorrect

My credit card balances were not matching from Quicken to my bank. I went on chat and was told to restore from a previous date. Once I did that, ALL my accounts are wrong. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @mc70

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your account balances.  That is quite a rough spot you're in with your current files having multiple accounts wrong. Lets get some more information to start off here. What version of Quicken are you running? Originally what FI was giving you issues with your credit card balance? 

Do you by chance still have the original file or did you overwrite your file when loading the backup? You should be able to check by looking through your recent files.

Once you get a chance let us know more! From there we'll see what our next best steps are.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• mc70
    mc70 Member
    I think I overrode it. I was following the instructions from the person on chat. After looking at the accounts that are messed up, their initial balances from when I started are missing which is throwing off all my numbers. I'm running the most latest version.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @mc70

Thanks for the update. That is interesting. If they are all missing the starting balance I might recommend loading another back another backup then trying to copy the opening balances. After doing so add them back to your primary file and see if the balances then are showing correctly. 

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes! We'll be waiting to see what we're able to find out.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • mc70
    mc70 Member
    I deleted each account and added them back in. I tried various backups with no luck.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @mc70

Thanks for the update. With the error continuing throughout multiple files I  would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to check logs to figure out what exactly could be causing the issue when downloading. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.