Passwords no longer saved in Quicken - error when attempting download of transactions

Options
Jearl
Jearl Member
Since applying the latest upgrade, my accounts require a password when attempting to download transaction, but will not accept their password and I get a Server Error with no additional information. Using Quicken Starter v. 6.2.1, build 602.38957.100. Running MacOS beta 1 but this issue began before updating from Big Sur.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Jearl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the instructions provided below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jearl
    Jearl Member
    Options
    Thanks for reaching out Anja. This did not resolve my issue. I logged out of my Quicken account twice and both returned the same result.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for providing an update and trying those steps, though I apologize that that did not resolve the issue.

To clarify; are the accounts all with the same or different financial institutions (please include the financial institution name(s))? Also, how many accounts are there in total? And which connection type are you using to connect (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Jearl
    Jearl Member
    Options
    The accounts are all different. Banking and credit cards. The thing I have noticed and I guess I didn't say it quite right, this all started when I upgraded to v 6.2.1.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information.

Next, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts. Please, follow the instructions provided below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Connected Services
    4. Click Reset 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Jearl
    Jearl Member
    Options
    I reset Quicken Cloud twice and the issue still remains. Also I am having the same issue on my laptop which is running the same version of Quicken, 6.2.1.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and consistently providing an update afterward.

At this point, I do recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• Jearl
    Jearl Member
    Options
    Will do, thanks for your assistance.
  • balthus
    balthus Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I hjad same issues after upgrade to this software. Was told my data file was corrupt. I don't know how that happened but I had to restore from a backup and reset all my online accounts, So far working. Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.