Search results - can't select multiple, only one at a time

Options
I go through my accounts, monthly, and search for all transactions with a Cleared status = 'Cleared.'  I then select all for the last month in the results, and edit them to wipe out that cleared status.  Helps me be sure that my reconciliations work for me.

Recently, as directed on the search results screen, the ability to Shift, scroll, and click the last item NO LONGER selects between the first and last selected.

Bug or regrettable "feature?"

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Left-click, scroll, Shift + left click still works for me.
  • EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This works for me - UNLESS I have to scroll pgdn.  Then the last shift+left click does nothing.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options
    EmKay said:
    This works for me - UNLESS I have to scroll pgdn.  Then the last shift+left click does nothing.
    How are you performing the scroll pgdn?

The implication of the Shift + left click doing nothing is that you no longer have the initial transaction selected.
  • EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've tried various ways of scrolling.  Scroll bar, pgdn...  I know how this is supposed to work in most Windows programs, but it's just not working in Quicken the way it works everywhere else (and the way it *used to* work in Quicken).

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmKay said:
    I've tried various ways of scrolling.  Scroll bar, pgdn...  I know how this is supposed to work in most Windows programs, but it's just not working in Quicken the way it works everywhere else (and the way it *used to* work in Quicken).
    Well, it still works correctly for me.

Try scrolling away and back to verify that the original transaction remains selected.  If that works, scroll to the desired location and press and hold the Shift key while you left click on the transaction at the end of the range you want to select.
  • supecoop
    supecoop Member ✭✭
    Options
    It doesn't work for me either.
  • supecoop
    supecoop Member ✭✭
    Options
    I cannot click the box to select a result although I can click the date to go to the entry in the account listing. There is no way to select one or many entries in the search results and have the Edit Transactions at the bottom right of the screen activate. Since one result cannot be selected the Left-click + Shift option will not work to select multiple entries. This is a Windows / Quicken problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, I'm confused.
    Are you guys talking about a register view, sorted or filtered by "Clr" column,
    or are you working with the results screen of an Edit / Find/Replace action?
    Either way, block select of transactions (click 1st transaction, scroll wheel or drag vertical slider to last transaction, shift-click last transaction) works fine for me in both cases. Do note, however, that Find/Replace allows different ways to select transactions, too.
    If you would, show me a screen snapshot of what you're looking at. And knowing your Q version and release (from Help / About Quicken) would be helpful.
    (I'm on R 34.16)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    supecoop said:
    I cannot click the box to select a result although I can click the date to go to the entry in the account listing. There is no way to select one or many entries in the search results and have the Edit Transactions at the bottom right of the screen activate. Since one result cannot be selected the Left-click + Shift option will not work to select multiple entries. This is a Windows / Quicken problem.
    Your issue appears to be different than @EmKay's as you say you cannot even select one transaction in the Search Results window.  If you left-click on a location of a transaction other than the Date field, the Select box should toggle.  If one or more transaction has a check in it's Select box, the Edit Transaction(s) button should be selectable.
  • EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, today it worked fine.  I clicked the first in the search results list, scrolled, shift, clicked last (I think), and it highlighted all in-between.  Go figure.

This discussion has been closed.