Investment - Import of Account Balances Only without transaction detail

Options
Kira's Person
Kira's Person Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Before you Buy
I'm interested in knowing if I can link my Fidelity accounts to Quicken without importing all the detail. I just want to import the account balances. Is that possible?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken Mac, no, that's not the way it is built to work.

In Quicken Windows, a new feature introduced in the past year called Simple Investing allows you to do what you want:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Kira's Person

I just wanted to follow-up on this post and confirm that Simple Investing is now available with the 6.3.1 version of Quicken of Mac.

Thank you again for posting in the community and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns that we may assist with.

Sarah

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken Mac, no, that's not the way it is built to work.

In Quicken Windows, a new feature introduced in the past year called Simple Investing allows you to do what you want:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Kira's Person
    Kira's Person Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. This answers my question.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Kira's Person - I thought you might want to see what the Investing Simple View looks like...with a Fidelity brokerage account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Kira's Person
    Kira's Person Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks much. This is indeed helpful. Unfortunately I'm on Quicken for Mac and as I understand it Simple Investing isn't yet available for Mac. I'll be patient. There has been much improved on Quicken in Mac over the last year so perhaps having this feature isn't far off. Thank you again.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Options
    Hello @Kira's Person

Thank you very much for taking to the time to share your question with the community.

I do want to let you know that the "Simple Investing" feature mentioned above is planned for Quicken for Mac and is tentatively anticipated to be included in an upcoming release soon.

I don't have an exact ETA on when the release will be available, but this feature is definitely coming :)

I hope this information helps and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns the community may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Kira's Person

I just wanted to follow-up on this post and confirm that Simple Investing is now available with the 6.3.1 version of Quicken of Mac.

Thank you again for posting in the community and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns that we may assist with.

Sarah

This discussion has been closed.