How do I work with category groups in Reports?

Options
oldngrmpy1
oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
I have been unable to find any information about how to include Category Groups on any reports. Is there an how to do it out there?

Best Answer

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Some, but not all reports, allow you to filter and display (organize) by Category Groups.   Some reports allow you to just filter by Category Groups, but do not allow Category Group report organization.

In Reports>Reports and Graphs Center, select a report.   Then, select Customize button to display the customize window.  If that report allows filter and display by Category Group, you will find those filters under:

1.  the Display tab>Organization pulldown>Category Group (Image 1), and/or
    2.  the Category Group tab>Select Category Group filter box (image 2).

Image 1

Image 2

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hello @oldngrmpy1

Thank you for reaching out here on Quicken community. I apologize that you are having this issue. 

To include category groups on any report you must first make sure that you have created a Category group set. 

You can create a category group set by selecting Tools >Category list >Options (bottom left)

Once you have your category group entered, create a report and select customize (top right) and select the category group tab. 

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!

-Quicken_Paloma 

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Some, but not all reports, allow you to filter and display (organize) by Category Groups.   Some reports allow you to just filter by Category Groups, but do not allow Category Group report organization.

In Reports>Reports and Graphs Center, select a report.   Then, select Customize button to display the customize window.  If that report allows filter and display by Category Group, you will find those filters under:

1.  the Display tab>Organization pulldown>Category Group (Image 1), and/or
    2.  the Category Group tab>Select Category Group filter box (image 2).

Image 1

Image 2

This discussion has been closed.