Help with capital Gains Estimator Specify Whole lots

I want to sell some lots of a mutual fund stock to minimize tax but keep it simple. CGE gave me a result of sale of partial amounts from multiple lots. Section 2 supposedly allows you to specify which sales you plan to make, and adjusts the tax consequences. I tried to use it to sell complete lots. It let me change several of them, but now simply refuses to accept changes. Seems as though changing the total amount to sell might fix this - but it refuses. Help getting CGE to calculate using whole lots rather than partial? (The Custom goal use whole lots tells me it can't find anything.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @LHD

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the gains estimator. I apologized you have not received a response yet as I do not no much about the tool. That being said in this case I believe it would help to get a better idea of the picture if we could get a screenshot of what exactly is happening. I'll leave steps down below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once we get the chance please let us know more and we'll see what we're able to find out.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• LHD
    LHD Member
    Thank you for responding. I gave up and made an excel spread sheet to do what the capital gains estimator was supposed to do. I couldn't find any support on how to use the Capital Gains Estimator to determine which specific lots should be sold. As far as I could determine it is simply nonfunctional.