downloading transactions from credit union credit card

I can't get quicken to download my credit card info. I use AlaskaUSA FCU and my card is though EZcard when I try to setup account quicken tries to download from EZcard but the info is at alaskaUSA and I can't see a way to make it download from card info from AlaskaUSA

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021
    Hello @exlogger,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, have you tried connecting to either or both "Alaska USA Federal Credit Union" and "EZCardinfo.com" in our financial institution list? If so, could you please share the result(s) you received? Were there any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you received while trying to connect to either of these options that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• exlogger
    exlogger Member
    I finally got it to download my info for credit card from AlaskaUSA but had to let quicken make a new account and it only downloaded the last 3 months so now I will try to download from AlaskaUSA EZcard a qfx file so I can get the last 9 months I'll see if that works ( quicken would not recognize the account I had been downloading from EZcard which I have to login though AlaskaUSA)
  • exlogger
    exlogger Member
    AlaskaUSA changed letting you login to EZcard with EZcard login and password now you have to login to AlaskaUSA and then click link to EZcard to download your info
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you got it to work. :)

Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any further questions and/or concerns!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already have the historical transactions in a different account in that same file, use this FAQ FAQ - Moving Transactions  to move them from old to new account.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    exlogger said:
    I finally got it to download my info for credit card from AlaskaUSA but had to let quicken make a new account and it only downloaded the last 3 months so now I will try to download from AlaskaUSA EZcard a qfx file so I can get the last 9 months I'll see if that works ( quicken would not recognize the account I had been downloading from EZcard which I have to login though AlaskaUSA)
    You should be able to download from AlaskaUSA directly into the EZcard account you already had set up in Quicken.  To do this:
    1. Back up your data file in case anything goes wrong.
    2. Account Details, Online Services tab, for AlaskaUSA:  Deactivate the account.
    3. Account Details, Online Services tab, for EZcard:  Make sure the account is deactivated.  If it shows that you still have downloading set up, then click on Deactivate.
    4. Account Details, General tab, for EZcard:  Remove all the financial institution information in the upper right quadrant.
    5. Account Details, Online Services tab, for EZcard:  Click on Set Up Now for AlaskaUSA, using your AlaskaUSA login information and follow the prompts.  During the set up process Quicken should prompt you to decide what to do with the downloaded data.  Be sure to select Link to Existing account and then select the EZcard account. You EZcard account will now be linked to AlaskaUSA, instead.  (Note:  This process might cause some transactions entered into the register to be duplicates of what was already entered there.  Any duplicates will need to be manually deleted.  It is a 1X issue so should be no repeat of this in the future.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)