CapitalOne not updating in One Step Update

Options
For some time now, Capital One - both credit cards and bank accounts - do not update during One Step Update even though they are selected to be run. There are no errors reported during One Step Update but the Summary does not even list them as having been attempted and no transactions are downloaded. But then when I go to an individual Capital One account and Update Now, it works.
I've seen several other posts on this over the last few months but they all appear to be closed without a resolution being posted.

Answers

• wjh76
    wjh76 Member ✭✭
    Options
    :( I am also experiencing this, as well as CC-505 erros from OSU for Citiback. Nothing seems to get resolved with the annoying OSU failures. OSU has become a very unreliable feature of Quicken for Windows.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @OldQuickenGuy

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your capital one account. I'm wondering here if it might not think you're connected anymore which is why it's not showing up anymore. One thing we can attempt here is to try deactivating and reactivating the account to see if we're able to fix the issue.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• OldQknGuy
    OldQknGuy Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Francisco, how could the accounts be disconnected if the "update now" is working for each account individually? The issue isn't the Capital One accounts being disconnected - it's that the they are not being included during the system-wide One Step Update even though they are "checked" along with all of the other accounts.
  • jmadura2
    jmadura2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I spent awhile with tech support on the phone today. Net result was that he wanted me to setup a completely new file. So i just started and guess what - the same banks that fail in one step update refuse to connect thru quicken premier even though their individual websites are up and i can connect to each one perfectly. Whatever this last quicken update was - PLEASE REVERSE IT as it has screwed up the works again.

In the past Tech support had me use F4/help/about quicken to change QCS back to FDS and that has REPEATEDLY fixed this same exact problem. Sadly that option is no longer available.

Ally Bank, American Express Bank, Commenity Bank (Boscov's credit card), Capitol one 360, Chase (credit cards) and Citicards all fail to update or connect thru quicken.

FYI _ your tech had me uninstall and reinstall quicken with him watching. He saw the problem with all these financial institutions stuck processing data in one step update. We repeatedly used task manager to close the frozen quicken. Previous techs had me split up the data file to make it smaller which has been trouble for me since we often need to look up older transactions.

I would really like this problem to be addressed and quickly since i am back to mailing out checks and/or using my other bank's bill pay ...