Quicken Deluxe expired, can I use earned credits at Quicken Mastercard to DOWNLOAD NOW?

Options
jani
jani Member ✭✭
Since June1, I tried to get info on my "free year that never happened", my current subscription to Quicken Deluxe expired a few days ago. Now, I see that I can get Quicken with my EARNED credits from Quicken Mastercard, but it's in a BOX and I'd have to wait up to 30 days for it. I need it now. Can I use that code to DOWNLOAD Quicken Deluxe NOW?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jani,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would suggest contacting Quicken Support to see what we can do for you.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV

Answers

• jani
    jani Member ✭✭
    Options
    FYI, I read through all the suggested scenarios and nothing seemed to apply. So I called QMastercard, and they said I could either pay for it again (then mentioned a complicated method of getting a refund), or order the reward, and call them with the activation code that will come with the Discover Reward, to reactivate my currently expired subscription.

In the meanwhile, I will just use my installed Quicken as usual, without any input such as downloads, upgrades, bill pay (I don't use that anyway) from Quicken online. Oddly, it sounds like the stand-alone, offline Quicken programs I used to buy. They still remain on my older Macs, and I might decide that’s all I need anyway!

I find it strange that it would take up to 30 days for them to send just a disc, which can then apparently be activated with a code, but they can’t just keep the box and send me a code NOW*.

My suggestion: If you are ever offered a free year of Quicken for enrolling in Q Mastercard, make SURE you pursue the promised CODE right away. I never got a code, but remembered they said it would automatically be added to the Quicken I was in. It wasn't; in fact, a DEBIT appeared in mid-year on another credit card for a year of Q, and now that fee was due AGAIN.
    I have spent HOURS over the past 2-3 weeks trying to solve this problem, so now, my subscription has completely expired, as well as my ability to chat with or call Quicken.

*I’ve actually been a happy Quicken User for as long as they have offered a Mac Version (since the 90s), and a happy USB user....but at this point, quite unhappy with their business proposition fulfillment.
  • Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jani,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would suggest contacting Quicken Support to see what we can do for you.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    jani said:
    I find it strange that it would take up to 30 days for them to send just a disc, which can then apparently be activated with a code, but they can’t just keep the box and send me a code NOW*.
    ...  at this point, quite unhappy with their business proposition fulfillment.
    I understand your frustration, but I'd say that the frustration should be directed to U.S. Bank more than to Quicken. U.S. Bank has a deal with Quicken to offer a card with Quicken's branding on it, but they would be the ones responsible for initiating fulfillment of any special offers for the card. Ordering a reward is something managed by the bank, not Quicken. Quicken probably just provides them with the activation codes, or the boxes to ship.

Perhaps Quicken Support will get you squared away, but you might just get them pointing the finger back to U.S. Bank. It can't hurt to try, since you've already put this much time into it; good luck! :)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jani
    jani Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, Jacobs and Quicken Julio. I was working on a very long reply to the both of you, and it suddenly disappeared. When I swipe through these pages to look for it, and it visually SKIPS a page...probably the page I was working on. So for now, I will just say none of this is working, but I do appreciate the help of both of you. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.