Cloud account not found (Q Mac)

Options
Getting 'Cloud account not found' popup - cannot access data
Internet is fully functional.
How do I clear this and get access to data?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You are getting this message in Quicken Mac? Or are you talking about using the mobile app? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • balthus
    balthus Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I had same issue in Quicken Mac related to other issues. I do not use the App. I had to restore my file from a backup and I think it finally went away.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @David Bockstanz I'm not familiar with this error, but if this is happening in Quicken Mac, it sounds like the specified Cloud Account for this file is for some reason not being found. Whether you use the mobile app or not, every file has an associated Quicken Cloud account. Go to Preferences > Connected Services and you'll see the nickname of the Quicken Cloud account associated with this file. Then click "See All Cloud Accounts", and you may see some other accounts from prior files, backups, copies, etc. — but this one may not be there for some reason.

If you click Reset, it should create a new Cloud account for the current data file. I would think that would make the error message about a missing Cloud account go away. If it doesn't, perhaps there's something else at play here. As @balthus wrote, restoring from a recent backup prior to this problem beginning is one way to try to resolve the issue. 

But you initially, wrote "how do I clear this and get access to data", and that's what made me wonder if you were experiencing this problem in the mobile app/web interface. If you're in Quicken Mac, you data should be right there. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.