Unable To Download Credit Card and Bank Accounts + Reset Cloud Data?

balthus
balthus Member ✭✭✭
I had not been on Quicken for about 2 months (mid-4/2021) due to surgery and illness. I did whatever updates had accumulated since and then went to update all online accounts. I got 2 different windows with messages - one to the far left that says I need to reset my cloud data - which i have now done 2x but the same message keeps appearing) and the. for the accounts which say Institution Login Sync Error - Unable to send Institution Data.

This happens with credit and regular bank accounts however it did download and update transaction from a couple of brokerage accounts I have with Fidelity.

I saw a number of posts about the reset clod data but they seemed to relate to the mobile app which I don't use just my desktop web version.

I know I will probably need to call support tomorrow but thought I'd ask here.

Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @balthus,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the instructions provided below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• balthus
    balthus Member ✭✭✭
    dMy version is attached. I will try the sign out and in and advise if that worked. Thanks.
  • balthus
    balthus Member ✭✭✭
    This did not work - still getting same messages. Help!
  • balthus
    balthus Member ✭✭✭
    I just got off a 90 minute call with Quicken - hopefully my issue is resolved. Thanks,.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @balthus  I'm happy to hear your issue is resolved. Can you share, briefly, what Quicken Support had you do to solve it?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • balthus
    balthus Member ✭✭✭
    I had to restore a backup file - unfortunately not sure why I only had files in my auto backup folder from yesterday and then February (setting was keep last 5 files which I have now changed) but I had been in my file in April and May so not sure why there were no backup files from then. I had to reconnect all my accounts to financial institutions but all transactions downloaded. I also turned off sync as I really do n ot use the App. Fingers crossed no more issues. We shall see. 20+ year Quicken for Mac user and never had an issue like this.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Mac creates its automatic backup files when you quit Quicken. So while you weren't using Quicken, it wasn't creating backup files. And as you discovered, if it's only using the default setting of retaining the 5 most recent backups, you can run through those in a day or two if you launch and quit Quicken a few times -- wiping out older backups you might want to be able to access when a problem rears its ugly head. Since Quicken backup files are small relative to today's disk sizes, I suggest setting the preference for backup files to at least 25, and possibly higher. (I have mine set to 50.)

I also encourage people to have another form of backup, such as the Mac's built-in Time Machine, or some cloud-based backup service, such as iDrive or Backblaze. Any of these services backups up you entire Mac continually, so you can get back to prior versions of files and month or week in the past you might unexpectedly need. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • balthus
    balthus Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks - I saw that today although it was odd there was backup from Jan and one from Feb but then none until yesterday and today which equalled 5 but none from May when I was last in Quicken. I did up it to 25. At one point I was also saving backups to DropBox but that somehow stopped and I need to figure out how to restart again. I do not use the bill pay - I just use Quicken to download bank, credit card and brokerage transactions and prepare annual report for CPA.
This discussion has been closed.