Remove Unmatched Transactions

Andrews1434
Andrews1434 Member ✭✭✭
Please come up with a way to remove old unmatched transactions that have already either cleared or reconciled from the Match Manual dialogue. These transaction just keep building and it is very annoying cumbersome.
Tagged:
70 votes

Planned · Last Updated

Submitted for review on 8/15/23 - CTP-7482, Update 14 Nov 23 - Planned - This request has been accepted by the Development team for future implementation. Quicken’s product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released. QWIN-22502

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown Member ✭✭
    I strongly support a fix for this. There are many reasons transactions remain unmatched and clutter up the Manually Match list. There should be a way to remove them. Maybe the answer is to simply remove them once the transaction has been reconciled. Would that be so hard?
  • Beezer77
    Beezer77 Member ✭✭
    I also strongly support a fix. Leaving cleared/reconciled transactions in the Unmatched Transactions list is confusing since it conveys inaccurate information and adds time in searching for the desired one. More than just an annoyance and inconvenience, it is an error/bug, is it not?
  • brad57
    brad57 Member
    I have called on this several times and quickens needs a fix to remove these. For some reason I have a bunch that have been reconciled but still show up on the list
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Definitely needs to be a way to remove transactions from the "unmatched transaction" box. Please!
  • Reggie Clark
    Reggie Clark Member
    This definately needs to be resolved. The old items that remain in the list and didn't get matched properly durning the download definately need to vanish from the list once the item has been reconciled
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so that everybody really is on the same channel, may I ask one of you to provide a screen image snapshot showing some of the offending transactions, please?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Just so that everybody really is on the same channel, may I ask one of you to provide a screen image snapshot showing some of the offending transactions, please?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows
    Here is an example.

If I scroll back on that list it goes back to 7/15/2020.  There are various reasons a transaction can be on this list, but the most basic is that these are the transactions that have never been matched to a downloaded transaction.  People expect that when a transaction is reconcile (or maybe even marked cleared) that it would no longer be a candidate for matching and as such be on this list.

That isn't true.  One example why it wouldn't be true is for a person switching from manual entry to downloading.  Even though their old transaction might be reconciled the download might have them in it, and as such one might want to match them.

One sure fire way to "orphan" a transaction this list would be to delete a downloaded transaction, and as such it never gets matched to a the transaction in the register.

The "extremely hidden/complicated" way to get a transaction off of this list is by right clicking on the transaction in the register while holding down Ctrl+Shift keys and selecting Copy Transactions...
    Which gives you this dialog:

And I just notice a very bizarre bug here.  The "fix" would normally be selecting the Downloaded Transaction check box and entering the posting date, but you will notice that these are already set (this how the dialog came up).  So this "workaround" won't work, what's more this is in fact a downloaded transaction, not one that I entered the transaction first.  It should have never been on the manual match dialog in the first place.

But getting back to the request the point is there should be a simple way to remove multiple transactions out of the Manual Match dialog list in a "non hidden" way.

As I side note this normally doesn't affect me because first off I never need manual match (don't have enough transactions entered by reminders to need it), and I use automatic transaction entry mode and its manual match criteria only matches to transactions to the exact amount, and as such never is a long list of transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tocayo
    tocayo Member
    I would really like to see this issue resolved, also. The postings above lay out the same reasons that I have so I won't reiterate them. But this issue has bugged me for a long time and I was just searching for a way to fix things when I ran across this page.
  • Dana
    Dana Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with Chris_QPW that a fix for unmatched transactions should be available AND simpler than the "extremely hidden/complicated" way. I WILL mention that he is correct about the check box and posting date are already present, on occasion, the date is off by a day or two, or the check box is blank. I should also note that this complicated way requires a screen save of the unmatched downloaded transactions before your search begins AND before you close the unmatched transactions window.
  • M - N Putzer
    M - N Putzer Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with this. I got a bunch of old (4-5 month old) transactions back as unmatched when my bank changed systems. Now I have pages which always will show as unmatched if I do match manually.
  • dslance
    dslance Member ✭✭
    I also find this very frustrating that a fix for this is not available.

A method I've been using to do a manual match for a downloaded transaction and then checking more than just this transaction and then accept the match. This will create a split transaction with the additional unwanted transactions. I then go in and delete the unwanted split transaction lines so that the only line remaining is the true matched transaction. It's a crude method that requires a lot of keystrokes but it does get rid of the unmatched transactions. I've done as many as 20 extra lines without problems.
  • wrouffa
    wrouffa Member ✭✭
    Fully agree with this thread. This ability used to be with quicken before the ownership change and then it "disappeared" ... its a real pain
    Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    wrouffa said:
    Fully agree with this thread. This ability used to be with quicken before the ownership change and then it "disappeared" ... its a real pain
    This ability has never been in Quicken, at least not in an "unhidden" form.  And the "hidden form" is still there see my post above.  Note this "hidden" way of doing it was gone for a while, but they did restore it some time back.

But it shouldn't be like this where you have to type in secret key combinations, and can do it only for one transaction at a time.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Zediculous
    Zediculous Member ✭✭
    This is a no brainer ... the unmatched transactions just keep building and building ... eventually it will become too cumbersome and Ill stop using quicken altogether
  • dslance
    dslance Member ✭✭
    A method I've been using to do a manual match for a downloaded transaction and then checking more than just this transaction and then accept the match. This will create a split transaction with the additional unwanted transactions. I then go in and delete the unwanted split transaction lines so that the only line remaining is the true matched transaction. It's a crude method that requires a lot of keystrokes but it does get rid of the unmatched transactions. I've done as many as 20 extra lines without problems.> @dslance said:
    > I also find this very frustrating that a fix for this is not available.
    >
    > A method I've been using to do a manual match for a downloaded transaction and then checking more than just this transaction and then accept the match. This will create a split transaction with the additional unwanted transactions. I then go in and delete the unwanted split transaction lines so that the only line remaining is the true matched transaction. It's a crude method that requires a lot of keystrokes but it does get rid of the unmatched transactions. I've done as many as 20 extra lines without problems.

*** EVERYONE, THIS METHOD DOES NOT WORK AND DELETES THE TRANSACTIONS ALTOGETHER FROM THE REGISTER ***

I just found this out when I went back to look at a transaction and couldn't find it. I went back to an old copy of my file, before I started doing this method, and found the transaction. Dang! Now I've got a lot of work to do "undoing" my fix.
  • ZootsTwin
    ZootsTwin Member ✭✭
    Oh my goodness, yes, PLEASE fix this. It is so annoying not to be able to remove transactions from the list when something goes wrong with the download from the financial institution.
  • dwight@
    dwight@ Unconfirmed ✭✭
    This has been an issue for many years and I would like to see a fix for this.
  • esparker
    esparker Member ✭✭
    I used to have one or two transactions like this, and they were mildly annoying. My bank went through an authentication method change almost a year ago and it created pages of unmatched transactions I now have to wade through. Please give us a reasonable method for removing these transactions from the list ASAP.
  • lwilhite
    lwilhite Member
    Yes, Please give us the ability to remove unwanted Unmatched transactions from the manually match downloaded transactions option in the register.
  • stevekvt
    stevekvt Member ✭✭
    Yes, this has been a problem for years. The pages of unmatched transactions from downloads continue to increase.
  • fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    Totally agree. Manually matching is now a pain that seldom yields the needed result. Perhaps a periodic automatic or manual scan with confirmation to remove these old "unmatched", "cleared" and "reconciled" transactions.
  • Ray Dimit
    Ray Dimit Member ✭✭
    I agree. Please provide a way to address old items that show as unmatched. I can pick through the list to match the proper one but transactions that have been cleared/reconciled well into the past just add confusion.
  • jrf40
    jrf40 Member ✭✭
    I too would like to see a solution to this. Its been a growing pain for years. And Unnecessarily so.
  • WaltB
    WaltB Member
    This has been a problems for years and the manually matched list keep getting larger, should be able to a batch delete to remove large number of unmatched by date. Have made request years ago but nothing has happen
  • N237T59Y
    N237T59Y Member
    I fully agree with this thread about the removal of prior unmatched transactions. As WaltB mentioned, the unmatched list keeps getting larger.
  • hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    I added my vote to this. This is nuts that you can't remove these unmatched transactions easily. Please fix it. I just tried the 'workaround' using ctrl-shift. We'll see if this actually works, because I have no way of knowing if they have been removed without another downloaded transaction :-).
  • kweller
    kweller Member ✭✭
    I also add my vote. The workaround above didn't work for me - I get the same menu when I right-click whether or not I'm holding down the ctrl + shift keys. Selecting copy just copies it, I don't get that menu. Maybe I will try the other messy way - this drives me crazy. At the very least you should be able to right-click the transaction and manually match it, even if it was never downloaded.
  • kdclark3
    kdclark3 Member
    I completely agree with this proposed improvement. It is clearly a bug that a reconciled transaction would still be available to match a downloaded transaction. My list is getting quite long and goes back several years. (I have been a Quicken user since 1995 and have been using the same primary bank account the past 20 years.)
  • Ben L
    Ben L Member
    Adding one more vote to have this issue corrected - have dealt with it many times for various accounts over the years.