Mobile App-Connectivity error: Swipe to fix

I recently installed the Mobile app on my iPad & iPhone. I keep getting a Connectivity error: Swipe to fix on my American Express card. I Swipe, Try again, and same problem. All other credit card, investment, banking accounts synch just fine. I've Validated the WIN 10 desktop file with no errors. AmEx imports just fine on the desktop version.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @dkirch01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided by Quicken Francisco have failed to resolve this issue thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @dkirch01

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your mobile connectivity. I'm wondering here if we might just need to reset the cloud to see if we're able to get connectivity working properly. I'll leave the steps down below.

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID. 

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know if you're able to get the account syncing properly. Once you've had the chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• dkirch01
    dkirch01 Member ✭✭
    This didn't work. I noticed on many other postings for the same problem this was suggested and also didn't work. FYI, in your instruction No 1.1 the correct Tab is Mobile & Web not Quicken ID to reset cloud data
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @dkirch01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided by Quicken Francisco have failed to resolve this issue thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dkirch01
    dkirch01 Member ✭✭
    I spent 2 hours on the phone with Quicken support and they were unable to resolve. Very disappointing as this is a known issue with the Mobile and sever financial institutions, it's all over the Quicken Community message boards.
  • mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    > @dkirch01 said:
    > I spent 2 hours on the phone with Quicken support and they were unable to resolve. Very disappointing as this is a known issue with the Mobile and sever financial institutions, it's all over the Quicken Community message boards.

Sorry about the long wait. I am also encountering this issue on my Quicken mobile app. Chase and Discover accounts won't scrape even after I checked the password. The log-in attempts by Quicken mobile were counted as failed attempts by Discover and my account was locked. Very annoying.
  • mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    @dkirch01 thank you for your help. I switched the troublesome accounts from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect and they sync fine on my mobile app now. I don't even use Online Bill Pay or any other services that would require Direct Connect. Not sure why Quicken pushed it on me. Thanks again. You saved me a lot of troubles with my Discover account kept getting locked out because of the mobile app's :failed log in attempts.
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dkirch01 Same fix for me today. Thank you!

I changed from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect. It changed my beginning balances in my affected accounts, but I corrected them and all is well in Web and Mobile.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• woppenhe
    woppenhe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    [Removed - Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.