Not Responding error

:s Can anyone help me? I have experienced an error that makes Quicken unusable since early April. I open Quicken, then download/update accounts, but when I click on the account to review and accept transactions, Quicken goes into a Historical Price Checking on the web, and locks up. I cannot then open any accounts. I have to use Task Manager to quit task. I have the latest version of Quicken and have updated my Windows system to latest. I have contacted Quicken support several times. We have tried Validating and Repair several times. It too locks up. Now I am going back into restoring older files. I have gone back to 3 previous versions and the error is the same, even though the program worked fine on those dates (April and March 2021). Quicken Support tells me my file is corrupt and I need to start fresh. WTF? Thinking about dumping Quicken after 20 years. I don't want to do that but I have been increasingly less confident in Quicken, and this takes the cake. Anyone have an alternative service to recommend?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not certain what you mean by goes into a Historical Price Checking on the web but, when you performed those Validate and Repairs, did you check Correct investing price history ?
  • rukiddingme?1
    rukiddingme?1 Member ✭✭
    I will try to grab a screen shot of the message when trying to open an account, but tell me more about where to find the correct investing price option.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    The function to correct investing price errors is mentioned as part of the File Validation process.

• rukiddingme?1
    rukiddingme?1 Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > I'm not certain what you mean by goes into a Historical Price Checking on the web but, when you performed those Validate and Repairs, did you check Correct investing price history ?

The error comes when I click on an account, then it pops up "Quicken Update Status" window, then connecting then its says "Historical Security Prices" then it locks at 100% status, and there is a stop update button, but that is useless. I have to task manager kill the app.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I will try to grab a screen shot of the message when trying to open an account, but tell me more about where to find the correct investing price option.

• rukiddingme?1
    rukiddingme?1 Member ✭✭
    Working on the validate and repair now. I clicked validate, rebuild and correct investing price history. Still processing. Currently at "checking stock splits"
  • rukiddingme?1
    rukiddingme?1 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    After 4 hours we are still at this image.....