Paypal Business Account, Not Updating - Getting CC-508 (New Pop-up at Financial Institution)

James J
James J Member ✭✭✭
Today I got this error. I had it once before for ETrade and don't remember what I ended up doing to resolve it.

I did log onto the paypal account but don't see any popups or notifications that might cause Quicken's update to fail with the CC-508 error. I do not have my Firefox set to block popups.

Anyone seeing this and have a solution? If I ignore it and pretend it's not really a problem will it resolve itself? lol

Windows 10
Quicken Premier R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @James J,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-508.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the troubleshooting instructions found in the support article that I previously provided do not resolve this error, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files in order to further investigate this error and will likely be required to file an escalation. 

The more logs our support agents can collect, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @James J,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-508.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @James J,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-508.
    >
    > I hope this helps!

I started with the same issue this afternoon. I have followed the instructions in the support article without success. I also tried restarting my computer and resetting the account to no avail.

At least thanks to @James J I now know this issue is not local to me.
  • Paul Therrien
    Paul Therrien Member ✭✭
    I too am getting the CC-508 to PayPal. I have signed into PayPal web site with no issues and see nothing that needs attention. The interesting thing is now my PayPal account in Quicken shows no on-line service configured anymore. All I have is a 'Set up Now ...' button.
  • Paul Therrien
    Paul Therrien Member ✭✭
    Follow Up - when I attempt to re-setup the PayPal on-line connection i get the cc-508 response still.
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭
    > @Paul Therrien said:
    > I too am getting the CC-508 to PayPal. I have signed into PayPal web site with no issues and see nothing that needs attention. The interesting thing is now my PayPal account in Quicken shows no on-line service configured anymore. All I have is a 'Set up Now ...' button.

I had the same thing happen. I attempted to play along and follow the "setup" online access for my business paypal as if it were a new account, and again I got the same CC-508 error.

Then I went to the Paypal account, logged on, viewed transactions (all without encountering any messages from Paypal, and I confirmed pop-ups are allowed in my browser just in case), and then dowloaded a QIF file.

This took quite a long time, nearly a minute, for a week's worth of transactions. That's strange. Then I tried to open the QIF file with Quicken. Quicken asked which account to use to import the QIF, I specified the Paypal account, then Quicken said the file could not be imported because "File Not Found or Unreadable".

I think Paypal is in breach of its agreements with Intuit on this. We need lawyers, peeshooters and money, 'cause the stuff has hit the fan.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @James J said:

>
    > I think Paypal is in breach of its agreements with Intuit on this. We need lawyers, peeshooters and money, 'cause the stuff has hit the fan.

Hmmm...you seem to have demonstrated yourself that nothing has changed on the PayPal side. There is no popup; there is no request for more info. So if nothing has changed on the PayPal side, I'm guessing the issue is with Quicken...
  • Tim5
    Tim5 Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem-CC508 with no PayPal apparent issue?????
  • Oregondoug
    Oregondoug Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Quicken is asking me to verify a popup at PayPal.com. There is none. I have looked everywhere and cannot find one. I even tried two different browsers. No popup but Quicken still gives the CC-508 error.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the troubleshooting instructions found in the support article that I previously provided do not resolve this error, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files in order to further investigate this error and will likely be required to file an escalation. 

The more logs our support agents can collect, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > The more logs our support agents can collect, the better! Thank you.

I have done that already and I hope others have as well.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Now working
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    It is now working - at least for me. Hopefully for everyone else.
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭
    It worked for me, too. I just had to re-setup online access.
  • Paul Therrien
    Paul Therrien Member ✭✭
    This afternoon PayPal setup in Quicken worked - I would be grateful for this - except these unexplained and unacknowledged issues by Quicken make Quicken usage a very frustrating experience.
This discussion has been closed.