Quicken 2016 to Starter

Options
Hello,

Will I be able to open a Quicken 2016 Home & Business file if I downgrade to Quicken Starter for Windows? I only have basic financial information and never used budgets or business finances in my Quicken 2016 desktop application.

Thank you,

Rami H.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but be aware of the fact that Starter only supports Cash, Checking, Saving & Credit Card type accounts.
    Also, if your subscription expires, it goes into READ ONLY mode, i.e. it becomes a report generator and nothing more.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RamiH
    RamiH Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @splasher said:
    > Yes, but be aware of the fact that Starter only supports Cash, Checking, Saving & Credit Card type accounts. Also, if your subscription expires, it goes into READ ONLY mode, i.e. it becomes a report generator and nothing more.

Let me ask you this, the reason why I'm considering a starter subscription is because I have a new computer and I'm unable to log into the new installation of my Quicken 2016 home and business software, as I get an unable to connect error when attempting to login using my valid credentials. After some research I learned that I need to install the Mondo Patch update but that is failing due to a missing msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll. I researched this issue and have attempted numerous times to fix the missing .dll's but the Mondo patch is still failing for the same reason.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would suggest downloading/install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • RamiH
    RamiH Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > I would suggest downloading/install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.

I had already done that Greg. But I just got it to work by downloading the latest patch from here:

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2016-patches.html

Thank you all for your help!

RamiH