Quicken online shows holdings in a security that do not exist in that account in QDesktop

Ivan Leon
Ivan Leon Member ✭✭
After I sync my data to Quicken online, the online balance of my brokerage account shows shares in a security that I don't have in that account in Quicken Desktop. I have removed and added this dataset and re-sync few times already, but still shows 600 shares of FSKAX I don't have in that brokerage account. Quicken desktop is fine (using Quicken desktop R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24)

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Ivan Leon

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your online securities. I'm wondering here when you say you've already removed and added the dataset do you mean you've deleted and remade it already? I'm wondering if there might be something from within one of your brokerage accounts that are showing those 600 shares. If you could double check see if you're that might be the case. 

Once you get the chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do to resolve the issue you're having. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Ivan Leon
    Ivan Leon Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken Francisco,

yes, I deleted and remade the dataset. I don't have any holdings of this security in my brokerage account (quicken desktop), but they do appear in Quicken Online after sync is completed.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Ivan Leon

Thanks for the update. That is quite odd. I'm wondering here maybe we should try seeing if we might be able to fix the accounts by removing them then syncing again. I would recommend adding them back one at a time once they've all been removed if you have more than one.. 

To start here we'll want to remove all the brokerage accounts from the cloud sync. You can do so by going to the mobile & web tab. From here in the bottom right you should have the option to click (x) eligible accounts in blue. Unselect the brokerage accounts and click update accounts. From here you'll want to click sync now. Once you've done this make sure that you're not able to see the account on the website. 

Once you've done so go ahead and add the account back into the sync. Ideally it should only sync what we have available and will not add the extra 600 shares.

Once you get the chance to attempt this let us know if you're able to get it showing properly. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Ivan Leon
    Ivan Leon Member ✭✭
    I deleted all accounts from Quicken Online and sync only the "offending" brokerage account. Sync completed, 600 shares were not longer there. So far, so good (!). Then added all the other accounts and sync again, and 600 shares showed up again, incorrectly, in the brokerage account.
  • Ivan Leon
    Ivan Leon Member ✭✭
    Just to add to the above. After I erased all my data from the cloud and proceed to sync only the Brokerage account, all is good. If I add another account (my 401K) in addition to my brokerage account, inexplicably adds a security (that exists in 401K) to my brokerage account. Again, this security does not exists in the brokerage account in Quicken Desktop.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Ivan Leon

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering if there might be a possible transfer in one of the other accounts that could be affecting the issue? It seems very odd that it only shows up once you add the other accounts though. By chance is there something else that you might have 600 shares of as well? You could also try removing the security in the security list as well to see if that might help with the issue. To do so go across the top to tools > security list. You'll then be able to delete it by right clicking on it and selecting delete.

Once you've done so let us know if that may have helped. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Ivan Leon
    Ivan Leon Member ✭✭
    Thanks for following up. Last time I synced the brokerage account and 401K account, now Quicken ONline shows 500 shares of a different security that exists in the 401K account but not in the brokerage account. My position of this security in 401K is NOT 500 shares. As you can imagine, I cannot delete that security from the list since I do have holdings.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Ivan Leon

Thanks for letting me know. In this case since we're still having difficulty I believe it would be best to submit more information to the mobile team about the issue. You can do so from the mobile app by clicking the 3 lines then going to the feedback section. From here you'll want to write an explanation of the issue so the team can take a look and see if they're able to figure out what exactly is causing the issue. 

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco