LOGIN error when I try to download bank transactions

I changed my bank password. In the Account Status window I click on the Update Passwords button. I enter my userid and new password for the bank. I also select the update key chain option. This allows me to download transactions for my current session. However, after I exit Quicken and run Quicken at a later time, it does not use my new bank password. I have to go through the procedure of entering my new password all over again.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quit Quicken and launch the Mac's Keychain Access application, and find the entry for your bank, and click Command-i to view the Attributes panel. Click the checkbox next to Show Password, enter your Mac password when prompted, and see what password is stored in the Keychain. If it's not the current one, you can edit it here. then re-launch Quicken and try to download from your bank again, and see if it works now. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jgorton21
    jgorton21 Member
    I'm unable to download bank data because Quicken is unable to connect to Quicken cloud. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and still have the same problem. It worked 5 days ago, but does not work now. Any help is appreciated.
  • jacobs
    jgorton21 said:
    I'm unable to download bank data because Quicken is unable to connect to Quicken cloud. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and still have the same problem. It worked 5 days ago, but does not work now. Any help is appreciated.
    @jgorton21  Your question is not related to the question in this thread, so I suggest you create a New Question to ask about the situation you are encountering. More people will see it if you create your own thread with an appropriate subject line.
  • jgorton21
    jgorton21 Member
    Ok. Sorry, it seemed related to me, similar to what a Quicken Tech Support person told me to try. But, since I posted I discovered the issue. I updated my MacBook Air to 11.4. That's when it stopped connecting to Quicken Cloud. My MacBook Pro is still at 11.3 and it connects to Quicken Cloud, downloads bank data with no issues.
  • jacobs
    @jgorton21  Well, I'd say that doesn't answer what the issue is. It's happening on one computer and not the other. I'm not aware of any issues between macOS 11.3 and 11.4 that kills Quicken

It may have to do with using the same file on two different computers. How did you move the file between the Macs? Did you copy a backup file? Or a .zip (compressed) copy of your data file? Is the data file resident on the drive (e.g. not on any cloud service) of the 11.4 Mac? 
This discussion has been closed.