add additional BofA account

Is there something special about adding another Bank of America credit card? Every time I try and do it I get an error (like the account is not available). I have no problem downloading the current account info, but I can't seem to add another account.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @CJM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, do you receiving any specific error code(s) that are associated with the error message you are receiving and could provide us with here, please? And which connection method are your existing BofA accounts using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, which BofA setup option are you trying to link to?  I see there are at least 11 different options.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• CJM
    CJM Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Premier, V R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24
    I go to Tools/Add account, and click on Bank of America on the Connected Account tab. The Add Account window comes up and I put in my username and password. The error I get is 'Opps, there is a connection problem (cc-502)' at the top and on the side there is text saying Quicken can't add the account because there is a connection problem at BoA; I doubt that because Quicken can update the information when I use one step update and I can easily access it via the BoA app.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    CJM said:
    I have Quicken Premier, V R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24
    I go to Tools/Add account, and click on Bank of America on the Connected Account tab. The Add Account window comes up and I put in my username and password. The error I get is 'Opps, there is a connection problem (cc-502)' at the top and on the side there is text saying Quicken can't add the account because there is a connection problem at BoA; I doubt that because Quicken can update the information when I use one step update and I can easily access it via the BoA app.
    OK.  Let me rephrase the question.  Exactly which BofA credit card are you trying to get set up?  For example, I have several Citi credit cards.  Some I can connect to with the Citi Cards link while others I can only connect to with different unique links.  It might be that your new BofA card needs to connect with a different option link...maybe the Bank of America Credit Cards link?
    You can see the BofA connection link options if instead of clicking on the BofA button you type in Bank of America in the field above that button.  Then you will see the picture I posted in my earlier reply above.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)