Connecting to Citizens Bank no longer working

SSilverman
SSilverman Member ✭✭
@Quicken Sarah, Back in February I had an issue with Citizens Bank and downloading. With the latest update we are receiving an error that the password is wrong. We are using the latest Quicken Mac on Mac OS - 10.14 - Mojave. I have disconnected and tried to reconnect with the same error, the userID or password is incorrect. Because this started happening with the latest Mac release (we waited to update but updated a week ago). This latest release had been available for download for a month or more but we just updated a week ago. Immediately we experienced this problem.

Can you please assist with this. We were using the Citizens - Mid Atlantic Consumer. We tried to reconnect with it and the Citizens - New England - Consumer with no luck.

Thank you.

-Scott

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @SSilverman

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Citizens bank. I'm wondering here if this is a specific error to your file or if it's a connectivity error. To start off here let's take a look at the troubleshooting article to see if we're able to fix the the issue. I'll leave the article down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-15500-or-2000-updating-accounts-quicken-mac

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    Hi Francisco,

I did all the steps outlined in the help page you sent but unfortunately I am still getting an error that the Customer ID or Password is not valid.

What is so strange is this problem only started happening after upgrading to a new version of Quicken Mac which was released a few weeks ago.

Please let me know what are the next steps.

Thank you.

-Scott
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I have no solution to offer, but just to add a data point, I use Citizens Bank and it is connecting and downloading successfully for me. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Which one of the Citizens Bank financial instituation are you using ?
  • jacobs
    The one in your screen shot: Citizens Bank - Mid-Atl Consumer
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco,

I have an UPDATE. I phoned Citizens Bank and I finally spoke to a person that was aware of the problem and that they were working on a solution. They could not give me any other information except that the problem is on Citizens Bank's end and started on June 12, 2021 (the precise date we started experiencing the problem) and ONLY effects Mac users. I am using the BilPay via Quicken offerred by Citizens but the rep said it also effected customers who were simply downloading transactions too.

So now I just need to wait for Citizens to fix this. They hope to have this resovled by Monday, June 28.

I wonder why it is not effecting everyone like @jacobs . The only thing we are using different is Mac OS Mojave and not the absolute latest (Big Sur). I wonder if this is why it is only effecting some Mac users.
  • jacobs
    @SSilverman  Good work tracking down a clear and responsive answer from Citizens Bank! Hopefully they'll get it resolved in the next few days, as they said. 

For what it's worth, I'm on Mojave on my Macs as well.

I was able to download transactions, but I didn't try changing my password or creating a new Quicken download connection as you're trying to do. So perhaps it's working okay for those with established connections, but not those trying to establish a connection? 
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Thanks for the info. We had been using it successfully for many years and then suddenly on June 12 it stopped working. I am glad things are working for you. I just hope Citizens fixes this soon for those who are having a problem.
  • Andrew R
    Andrew R Member
    @SSilverman I can confirm I'm having the same problem as you, but with Citizens One Home Loan. Running Quicken for Mac on Big Sur. My last successful connection with Citizens was on June 9, but I don't believe I tried to connect between the 9th and 12th. Thank you for sharing the answer you got from Citizens... I'll sit tight and try again at the end of the month.
  • Momberly
    Momberly Member
    I can't get my Citizen One Home Loans to download either. The last time it worked for me was June 6. Have you reported it to Quicken?
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    @Momberly I contacted both Quicken and Citizen's. Citizens's was the one that had the problem. I ended call thing their online tech support and then got transferred to US based customer service which was able to help.
This discussion has been closed.