Has anyone else had a problem updating bank transactions since June 2/3?

I haven't been able to update my SunTrust checking account (last successful update was June 2). I supposedly have the latest update, version 33.24. What is weird is that if I do a manual download of a QFX file from my bank, I cannot add it to my account. My bank account isn't shown. Could this be a bug from an update? I have already run the validate and repair function, signed off and back on to no avail. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Carl 898
    Carl 898 Member
    Yes, I have. My last download was May 9. I usually download every 2-3 weeks. I use the Canadian Starter. I can see the computer attempt to download and after a few seconds it stops.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Carl 898

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your suntrust account. I'm wondering here if we may need to try deactivating/reactivating the account. This should be a good first step to take to see if we're able to resolve the issue we're having. I'll leave steps down below.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Scotty5940
    Scotty5940 Member ✭✭
    Francisco. Thanks for writing me. Unfortunately it didn't work. This is because when I try to deactivate the account and hit the edit key there is no online services tab showing. I was hoping I might be able to update by importing data from my bank but the weird thing is that this account (which is the MAIN account I use) doesn't show on the list of accounts to import to. I'm very concerned as I have a lot of history and data in this account.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Scotty5940

Thanks for the update. That is interesting as the online services tab should always be there. Could you by chance take a photo of exactly what you're seeing so we're able to figure out what could be causing it.  I'll leave an article down below explaining how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photo into the response box in order to get it to add into the post.

Once you've had a chance please let us know more and we'll see what we can do to fix the issue you're having.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Scotty5940
    Scotty5940 Member ✭✭
    While I appreciate your help, I cannot seem to find a way to edit the screenshot and preserve confidentiality of my financial accounts. What is strange is that the software thinks it is downloading the info (there is a Last download info column in the account list and it shows for that account that it has downloaded info yet in the column to the immediate left (Transactiona Download) there is a "---" instead of the answers that other accounts show of Yes (Direct Connect) or Yes (Direct Connect) or Not available
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Scotty5940

Thanks for the update. If that's the case I might recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. If you're comfortable with sharing your screen with a support rep it is a secure way to have them see exactly what is happening that's causing the issue. Additionally they'll be able to guide you directly to a couple of troubleshooting steps. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Scotty5940
    Scotty5940 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for trying!!!
  • Scotty5940
    Scotty5940 Member ✭✭
    FYI, I did contact Quicken support with no solution provided
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like somehow the account has got messed up.  My suggestion would be to import the QFX file into a new account and then use this procedure to move the missing transactions to the new account (be sure to delete the extra Opening Balance transaction from the new account).
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken

Once that is done you should be able to delete the old account and setup the new one for Direct Connect.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I tried to download my transactions from my bank with no luck. I should be using the latest quiken\
  • Scotty5940
    Scotty5940 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to Chris_ QPW I was able to eventually get my file updated. I couldn't close or delete the account for some reason but was able to connect a new account to my bank and was able today to successfully download. Fingers crossed that this will work.
    I do think something went haywire with the latest update in late May as another account I have (an investment account) is acting weirdly. In that account I cannot manually add a Dividend amount as I ued to be able to. Anyways the banking issue seems to be fixed and I am thankful for everyone's input
  • LauraM
    LauraM Member
    I've been having the same issue with Quicken - this is exasperating. Can anyone tell me how to fix this without having to set up a new account?
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Suntrust and BBT merged to TRuist.... Quicken has not added the name to the account list when you try to add the account. Cannot update BBT because those credentials don't exist. Time for Quicken to update the list. [Removed- Speculation] Get it done.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBT/SunTrust/Truist should have notified Intuit and Quicken of the changes being made because of the merger and to update their contracts with Intuit and Quicken accordingly.  It is my understanding that did not happen. 
    Quicken is now working the issue with Intuit and Truist to make the necessary script changes so that Truist can be added to the Financial Institutions Directory list. If you wish to be kept updated on resolution of this issue read the following thread and bookmark it: Re: TRUIST - not available for Add Account after BBT & Suntrust merger.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)