wife has MAC but our Quicken account is my PC: sharing Quicken on the Web seems difficult

larry henson
larry henson Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
Does a MAC user have to have a full version of the Quciken software on their system to have access to Quicken on the Web?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need Quicken to access Quicken on the Web. Only a web viewer (ie: Safari, Firefox...). I would suggest remote desktop software for your wife to access the Quicken data on your PC.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Nope - has nothing to do with accessing the Quicken on the Web, or the Mobile App.
    Your PC and the installed desktop Quicken is the anchor for the data -
    and you select which accounts you want to appear in the Quicken Cloud... under your Quicken ID and password.
    which is used to display the info for the Quicken on the Web (browser access) or the Mobile App (Android or IOS).

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    And just to clarify - you don't SHARE the Quicken data file between the Mac to the PC via the Quicken Cloud.
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect the Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• larry henson
    larry henson Member ✭✭
    So DropBox application is the tool to allow a MAC to see data?
  • larry henson
    larry henson Member ✭✭
    I want as simple solution that I can find to allow my wife to see transactions and access to the Quicken on the Web
  • Greg_the_Geek
    No, DropBox is a place for creating Quicken backups.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    No, see your other post.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does she want to do in Quicken?  Just view it or have full access to the database?  She would need the full Quicken for Mac version installed on the Mac.  But you can not share or open a Quicken PC Windows file in Mac.  It has to be converted.  You can run a virtual Windows System on Mac to install the Windows Quicken program.  But you should not be sharing or moving the datafile between computers.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So DropBox application is the tool to allow a MAC to see data?
    again - NO -
    what do you want to accomplish by "sharing" the Quicken info ?
    A - a subset of the Quicken accounts as Synced to the Quicken Cloud and accessed by the Web or Mobile App
    B - full touch and feel of the actual entire Quicken data file saved on the PC ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I want as simple solution that I can find to allow my wife to see transactions and access to the Quicken on the Web
    So... just try it -
    Guessing you have Quicken installed on your PC - .... what version -- Help --> About Quicken
    PERFORM A MANUAL BACKUP -
    as the Quicken Cloud can cause Quicken data file corruption.
    Walk thru the SYNC setup and select a few accounts you want your wife to view.
    Next - try Quicken on the Web - and see how it works for you.
    Also - try the Quicken Mobile App - download from your smartphone App store.
    BTW - the Quicken Cloud will auto download from your bank the contents of the accounts you have selected,
    and display them on the Web or the App - without any intervention from the desktop software.
    However, anything you add, delete, change, or input on the desktop software won't hit the Quicken Cloud until you SYNC.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• larry henson
    larry henson Member ✭✭
    I just want to allow the wife to see statistics of the data. I am not trying to share anything.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to allow the wife to see statistics of the data. I am not trying to share anything.
    "statistics" ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

And why can't you simply print a report of what she wants to see?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.