Cdalt Member
Wells Fargo not downloading

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @Cdalt,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

What version/release of Quicken are you using? (You can find that out by going to Help > About Quicken.)

Are you receiving a specific error code after you attempt to update your Wells Fargo accounts?

What type of connection method are you using for this specific bank account? (This can be found by going to Tools > Account List > Clicking on Edit to the right of this bank account > Clicking on the Online Services tab and looking under Connection Method.)

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight with the issue and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,
    JV
  • Nazey1229
    Nazey1229 Member
    Options
    I too am having difficulty downloading from Wells Fargo. I do not receive an error message. I have the latest edition of Quicken deluxe which expires in March 22. I use Quicken Connect to connecto bank.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Nazey1229

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response. 

If you have not done so already, I would start by signing out of the program and signing back in. 

This located under "Quicken" on the menu bar. In the Quicken menu, please choose "Sign Out" and sign back in with your existing Quicken ID. 

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tmorgan01a
    tmorgan01a Member
    Options
    Hi,

This has probably already been answered, but wanted to save people the frustration if possible. I updated to Quicken (Mac) 6.2 this morning and was unable to download transactions from several of my accounts. They just weren't showing up in the list when trying to Sign Out and Reauthorize them as listed above.

This is what worked for me.

1. I used the Direct Connect option instead of the Quicken connect.

2. When I chose Wells Fargo as the banking institution and entered my credentials it gave an error with a wellsfargo.com authorization URL.

3. I Visited the URL and verified my identity and then had 10 minutes to add/update accounts in Quicken.

4. Once back in Quicken I could see ALL Wells Fargo accounts and just had to link/associate them to the proper existing Quicken accounts. Things updated perfectly after that.

NOTE: If you've named your Quicken accounts something other than the account numbers be sure to have the account numbers handy. This made associating things a lot easier.

Hope it helps...
  • kevjenross
    kevjenross Member ✭✭
    Options
    Direct connect is a $3/month fee minimum.
  • Wifeswrath
    Wifeswrath Member
    Options
    Signing out then back in worked for Me
  • SDG is me
    SDG is me Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    My WF checking account not downloading. Disappeared from "accounts to link", although savings and brokerage accounts available to link. I will download separately as a brokerage account, but history and details formerly directly linked is gone. Got message today that recent issue with WF has been resolved -- but for me. [Removed - Speculation]
This discussion has been closed.