Fidelity Funds are not getting today's data

Options
Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
Started a few hours ago as all other investing data is coming in as expected but none of the Fidelity funds are coming in as Fidelity 500 Index Fund, Fidelity Balanced, Fidelity Capital and Income Fund, etc. All of them. I am confident something is wrong.

They are updated at the Fidelity site.

One tried to update to today's data, but then went back to blank on a future update attempt.

I'll keep trying and update here if it fixes itself.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @6:10pm (i.e., just now) I ran a Quotes update  ... and all of my Fidelity funds updated to reflect what's on the website.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First, thanks for the reply!

OK, to be sure we are talking the same. Investing tab / Portfolio / Update. NONE of my Fidelity funds update, all others do.

In my accounts, my Fidelity investing accounts are up to date with today's changes.

Perhaps that will be more clear. And if your investing tab / portfolio IS working, then what might have happened to mine?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    @6:10pm (i.e., just now) I ran a Quotes update  ... and all of my Fidelity funds updated to reflect what's on the website.
    Time zone?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All my Fidelity holdings updated just now at 5:17 PM PDT.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PST. Now 5:20 PM 

Just tried again and none of them! I'm more concerned now it is just me. The Accounts are fine, but not the Investing tab. What could it be?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, restored from a previous backup from yesterday and they all populated now. Something got munged in my data file it seems. A tad worrisome, but at least I was able to restore and get right.

Thanks for the help folks.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    Time zone?

CDT

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob. said:
    OK, restored from a previous backup from yesterday and they all populated now. Something got munged in my data file it seems. A tad worrisome, but at least I was able to restore and get right.

As a general FYI, Fidelity funds never update, into Q, until about 6pm Eastern time. 

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NotACPA said:

As a general FYI, Fidelity funds never update, into Q, until about 6pm Eastern time. 
    Agreed. Which is why I usually see it daily between 3 and 3:30 PDT. Just not yesterday.

It did try. It updated one, then on next try to update removed that one and never got any more. Until a restore from backup. So a little concerned about what happened to cause that in the first place but glad to have the data back.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If quotes do not seem to be updating properly, go to Tools > Security list and make sure the Download Quotes box is still checked for the problem securities. 

Also if you are updating the quotes via One Step Update, go to the OSU settings and make sure the "Download quotes and investment information" box is checked.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks.

Both were checked and updating from the update button on the investment page. Which has worked daily for years and years.

But comments appreciated. Today will tell a tale.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worked perfectly today, as usual. Still baffled what happened yesterday but will not worry unless it repeats again in the future.