Zeroing out ALL amounts in a new budget (Q Mac)

Options
Paul Kleeberg
Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
I will be having a significant change in income and expenses for 2022 and I wish to create a budget based upon my current categories but with zero amounts in each category. I know I can do it one by one but that is very time consuming. Is there a way I can eliminate all of the dollar amounts in all of the categories at once?
Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Paul Kleeberg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

After doing some testing; I found that although Quicken for Mac offers the option to Duplicate a budget, it, unfortunately, does not offer the ability to zero out all categories at once. However, it does offer the ability to change the amount/zero out all months at once for each category.

If you wish to submit an official feature request for the ability to change amounts/zero out all categories at once to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken Anja

Actually, there is a way that I just found (when trying to create an Idea Post.. See: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20141372#Comment_20141372

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Paul Kleeberg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

After doing some testing; I found that although Quicken for Mac offers the option to Duplicate a budget, it, unfortunately, does not offer the ability to zero out all categories at once. However, it does offer the ability to change the amount/zero out all months at once for each category.

If you wish to submit an official feature request for the ability to change amounts/zero out all categories at once to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did a lot of entering 0 downarrow return down-arrow 0 ... and cleared them all. Took a while because to the number of categories I created but it is done. I was also not clear on the categories it chose to show in the budget. I had to modify them as well.
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken Anja

Actually, there is a way that I just found (when trying to create an Idea Post.. See: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20141372#Comment_20141372
This discussion has been closed.