Reports opened from the tool bar not correct

mbusbusiness
mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Reports opened from the tool bar not correct, always include an "extra" category. Same report opened from the Report & Graph window works is correct (as expected).

What in the world?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Hello @mbusbusiness

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize that you are having this issue. I will need a few more details to better assist you. What version of Quicken are you using? What report are you attempting to obtain? 

To find the current version of Quicken being used select Help >About Quicken.
    In addition it would be really helpful if you could attach a screen shot of the report(s) to view the issue at hand. For further instructions please click here

Once more information is obtained a diagnosis can be formed for this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mbusbusiness
    mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
    First to Paloma:

It's a simple custom report, filtered for a few categories and a time period (usually current year). I've been using many of these for years without issue. Now it seems they all exhibit the problem, it's not one report but many that are affected.

Version R34.15. It may be coincidence, but I have only seen this issue since a recent update to this version.

Hope this helps.
  • mbusbusiness
    mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
    Now to Chris_QPW

Mine isn't exactly the issue you reference, but certainly seems to share some DNA.

I can't quite decipher if they have a rollback fix identified there or not.

Hopefully there will be an update to collectively resolve this. Until then I suppose it's Report & Graph Center for me.

Thanks!
  • mbusbusiness
    mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
    New version to R34.16 this morning.

It did not resolve the issue I was having.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear I jumped the gun on this problem before your second post made it clear that this isn't the same problem I was thinking it was (and that is the problem that was addressed in the latest release).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mbusbusiness

I apologize for the inconvenience. I was not able to recreate the problem on my end. I would like to suggest a few troubleshooting steps before reporting this as a problem/bug. 

I would recommend to first save a back up and then run a validation/repair on your file. Please note that your main active data file(s) should be locate on your local hard drive.

To run a validation select File >File Operations >Validate and Repair. 

Make sure that you check the first box "Validate File", leave everything else unchecked and click Okay (bottom right corner). Visual example is below. 

After the file validate and repair you will get a Notepad with the data log. It is not necessary to save it and can be closed. 

Hope you find this helpful. Let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • mbusbusiness
    mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Paloma. I did validate and repair before posting my initial comment. And again today on the off chance R34.16 might validate differently. Neither solved the problem.
  • mbusbusiness
    mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
    I received a helpful tip from Hemanth K.:

1. Open the saved report (Which has the issue)
    2. Click on SAVE button and save the report
    3. Open the saved report again, You will not see the Unwanted Categories.

Tried it on one and it seems to work. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.