Closed CD account still causing problems

Options
I had a separate CD account setup that worked perfectly for several years. It was an account with my bank that was shared with a Checking and a Savings account. I decided not to rollover the CD over a month ago and closed the account.

Now, whenever I download transactions from my bank I get an error from Quicken that states it needs to be fixed. I fix it successfully, but the same thing happens for every update.

Any way to clear this up?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When closing an account in Quicken, deactivation should be a built-in step, before marking the account closed.
    However, IIRC, older versions of Quicken had problems with this, if the deactivation process failed for some reason.
    Please perform Step (2), the file validation process, in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems
    With a little luck, it'll fix it. If not,  contact  Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation to see if they have any better ideas.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is impossible to advise you on this since you have not stated what the error is.  Provide more information, maybe even a screenshot of the error and maybe someone will be able to help you.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK - I thought I explained it enough, but here is the exact error. I've already deactivated the account and re-activated but the problem continues.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem is that an account, closed at the bank, cannot be activated for downloading.
    In Quicken please deactivate the CD account. When done, mark it closed in Quicken, too: Go into Edit Account Detail for this account and select to "Close" the account. Do NOT delete the account. This will also delete the account's transactions and upset the whole system. Just keep it for a few years, in case you need to review its history.
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The problem is that the account is already closed. I must not have deactivated it before closing. I suggest that this be automatic for the closing process. Oh well, I have to deal with the Fix It issue every time now.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When closing an account in Quicken, deactivation should be a built-in step, before marking the account closed.
    However, IIRC, older versions of Quicken had problems with this, if the deactivation process failed for some reason.
    Please perform Step (2), the file validation process, in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems
    With a little luck, it'll fix it. If not,  contact  Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation to see if they have any better ideas.
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I ran all the way thru the super validation process. When complete, I had to reactivate all my accounts for downloads, but it worked.

Thanks