Synchrony download issues

dwoodwar
dwoodwar Member
I see that there are many issues with Synchrony downloads. My issue does not return an error code, it simply states that there has been no activity since the previous statement when I try to download activity that is clearly since the last statement displayed on the screen!

Best Answer

• James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yep, once again Synchrony, which I use for Lowes and Amazon cards, is crapped out. Gotta love it. I looked at the QFX file in Notepad and one thing I see that is incorrect (as in, Synchrony generated a junk QFX file in my opinion) is that the <DTSTART> and <DTEND> dates are wrong. I asked Synchrony to give me all transactions for the billing period ending 20JUN. So it should include all transactions from 20MAY (or thereabouts) to 20JUN.

But the <DTSTART> and <DTEND> values in the QFX are both 20210620. Previously when Synchrony was generating bogus QFX files, for some reason their system was giving those two fields a value of "R". Literally, the letter "R". I was able to fix that by downloading the file from Synchrappy, opening it in Notepad, and fixing the two date start and data end values.

This time, even after I fixed the dates, it's still not getting read by Quicken. So there's some other field that Synfiddly messed up.

I assume it's somewhere here, but don't know where. I wish I had a working QFX file to compare this too, but I don't have any saved:
    OFXHEADER:100
    DATA:OFXSGML
    VERSION:102
    SECURITY:NONE
    ENCODING:USASCII
    CHARSET:1252
    COMPRESSION:NONE
    OLDFILEUID:NONE
    NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX>
    <SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
    <SONRS>
    <STATUS>
    <CODE>0
    <SEVERITY>INFO
    </STATUS>
    <DTSERVER>20210626023416.293[-8:PST]
    <LANGUAGE>ENG
    <FI>
    <ORG>SYNCB
    <FID>4537
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>4537
    </SONRS>
    </SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
    <CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1>
    <CCSTMTTRNRS>
    <TRNUID>0
    <STATUS>
    <CODE>0
    <SEVERITY>INFO
    </STATUS>
    <CCSTMTRS>
    <CURDEF>USD
    <CCACCTFROM>
    <ACCTID>[redacted by poster]
    </CCACCTFROM>
    <BANKTRANLIST>
    <DTSTART>20210620
    <DTEND>20210620

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @dwoodwar

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing with synchrony. While you might not be getting the error specifically it is likely you're still being effected by the error from the sound of it. I would recommend following the synchrony thread for any further updates.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7895224/new-6-14-21-synchrony-bank-associated-cards-return-cc-502-102-error#latest

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yep, once again Synchrony, which I use for Lowes and Amazon cards, is crapped out. Gotta love it. I looked at the QFX file in Notepad and one thing I see that is incorrect (as in, Synchrony generated a junk QFX file in my opinion) is that the <DTSTART> and <DTEND> dates are wrong. I asked Synchrony to give me all transactions for the billing period ending 20JUN. So it should include all transactions from 20MAY (or thereabouts) to 20JUN.

But the <DTSTART> and <DTEND> values in the QFX are both 20210620. Previously when Synchrony was generating bogus QFX files, for some reason their system was giving those two fields a value of "R". Literally, the letter "R". I was able to fix that by downloading the file from Synchrappy, opening it in Notepad, and fixing the two date start and data end values.

This time, even after I fixed the dates, it's still not getting read by Quicken. So there's some other field that Synfiddly messed up.

I assume it's somewhere here, but don't know where. I wish I had a working QFX file to compare this too, but I don't have any saved:
    OFXHEADER:100
    DATA:OFXSGML
    VERSION:102
    SECURITY:NONE
    ENCODING:USASCII
    CHARSET:1252
    COMPRESSION:NONE
    OLDFILEUID:NONE
    NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX>
    <SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
    <SONRS>
    <STATUS>
    <CODE>0
    <SEVERITY>INFO
    </STATUS>
    <DTSERVER>20210626023416.293[-8:PST]
    <LANGUAGE>ENG
    <FI>
    <ORG>SYNCB
    <FID>4537
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>4537
    </SONRS>
    </SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
    <CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1>
    <CCSTMTTRNRS>
    <TRNUID>0
    <STATUS>
    <CODE>0
    <SEVERITY>INFO
    </STATUS>
    <CCSTMTRS>
    <CURDEF>USD
    <CCACCTFROM>
    <ACCTID>[redacted by poster]
    </CCACCTFROM>
    <BANKTRANLIST>
    <DTSTART>20210620
    <DTEND>20210620
  • dwoodwar
    dwoodwar Member
    Thanks, James. I sort of figured that it was a Synchrony problem. If it is anything like the previous issue, I won't hold my breath for it to be fixed. I think all Quicken users should put service requests into Synchrony and ask them to quit fooling around with the Quicken downloads!
This discussion has been closed.