Unable to download Wells Fargo accounts

Called Wells Fargo tech.
No help there.

Answers

• olgapayne
    olgapayne Member ✭✭
    It is 9:44 PST and I still cannot download/update Quicken with Wells Fargo Transactions. Is there an ETA on when this will be resoved
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021
    Hello @olgapayne,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately no, we do not have an ETA on when a resolution for this issue will be available. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to the open Community Alert for updates. If you would like to be automatically notified of updates as they become available, then please bookmark the Alert by clicking the bookmark icon on the top-right.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• olgapayne
    olgapayne Member ✭✭
    Since we are dead in the water and dependent on Quicken to fix this, which it seems you are having difficulty doing, i am wondering if there will be a credit to our accounts for time lost? As for the bookmark icon, it does not seem that I have that on my computer (top right of the Alert)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    olgapayne said:
    Since we are dead in the water and dependent on Quicken to fix this, which it seems you are having difficulty doing, i am wondering if there will be a credit to our accounts for time lost? As for the bookmark icon, it does not seem that I have that on my computer (top right of the Alert)
    Quicken does not provide a credit for a third-party issue.  I suggest you review the Terms of Use agreement.

Bookmark:

• mtyler1115
    mtyler1115 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    [Removed - No Soliciting]
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    I switched back to direct connect and its working fine.
  • desertfox
    desertfox Member ✭✭
    Wells Fargo said I could set up direct connect for $3.00 a month. Why should I pay for something that was FREE for 10 years.
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Really? At most you will pay 3 for one month then switch back when it is fixed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    desertfox said:
    Wells Fargo said I could set up direct connect for $3.00 a month. Why should I pay for something that was FREE for 10 years.

I had a Wells Fargo account some 20 years ago and was paying $3 a month for Direct Connect/bill pay.
    So in fact this isn't anything new, and they haven't even raised the price due to inflation!

What has been free is Express Web Connect.  But you pay for that service in a different way.
    Direct Connect is just how it sounds, Quicken connects directly to the financial institution using a standardized protocol call OFX.

Express Web Connect on the other hand goes through this flow:
    Quicken <sync to> QCS (basically the Quicken cloud server/data set) -> Intuit server -> Financial institution's website.

The Intuit server has to log in as you and get the transactions using an "agreed method" (as in a non standard prone to problems system).

So with Express Web Connect you pay in the frustration of an unreliable system.  Take your pick.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.