Is Quicken Having Problems With Downloading Quotes?

I can't download historical prices for:
CALL (TLT) ISHARES TR 20 YR TR JUL 16 21 $140 (100 SHS)
TLT210716C140

Is there a problem and when will it be fixed?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @saberman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property
    Version R33.24
    Build 27.1.33.24

Chatted with Quicken support:
    This is not a problem with Quicken. The problem is with Morningstar which supplies Quicken with pricing information. It is not providing pricing information for options -- at least the ones I have.

You can reproduce the problem by setting up a watch list entry for TLT210716C140. Then try to get historic prices for a month.
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I checked with Morningstar and after testing on their end their response was:
    Sent: Friday, June 25, 2021 1:33 PM
    Subject: RE: Option Historic Data Not Downloading

Unfortunately, we were unable to replicate the issue at our end.

Request you to please inform Quicken that they don't seem to have a license to view the data from Morningstar. They can get in touch with their contact points/Relationship managers at Morningstar to know further details.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Morningstar Direct
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    How do I get the above to Quicken?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @saberman

Thanks for letting us know. I'm wondering here if we might need to try individually updating the security we're having problems with. We can double check by going across the top to tools > security list. Click on the security we're having issues with. From there check the security by clicking edit details and look up the correct symbol and name so it grabs it from the server again. After you've done this click ok and in the top right click more > download historical prices.

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know how it goes. If you're still having difficulties we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    See attached for the results. Please note that the security is a call option. The security symbol, TLT210716C140, is correct.
    The first image is from the Edit Details/Look Up.
    The second image is from Fidelity's web site.
    The third image is from Quicken security lookup.
    It appears that Quicken doesn't handle options correctly.
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited June 2021
    @saberman

Thanks for the update. I've been doing some searching on how add the call into Quicken and I was able to get the call entered by following a response from one of the superusers Sherlock. I'll leave the link down below.  I'll also leave the updated steps regarding the issue.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20162510#Comment_20162510

Press Ctrl + Y
    Select Add Security
    Select Click here
    Enter the Ticker Symbol as: TLT 210716C00140000 (Found at Nasdaq.com)
    Enter the Name as: TLT 07/16/2021 call
    Select Next
    Select Done
    Select the TLT 07/16/2021 call security
    Select Update

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if you're able to get the information downloaded. From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    That worked. I was able to get historic prices.
    What happens when I sell the position? Fidelity apparently doesn't use OCC symbols. Will it come through as a short sell?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @saberman

Glad to hear that it did help. I'm not sure what will happen when it's sold since I haven't experienced it myself. If you do find yourself having difficulty once that's happened let us know and we can see what options we have to correct it.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, Quicken no longer supports option trades downloaded from Fidelity as Fidelity still uses the old format. I have option trades downloaded from Fidelity three years ago that used the old format and Quicken priced them correctly. Do you know why Quicken stopped supporting the old format? This is the format that is used by many trading platforms.