Loan account no longer shows me transaction history

I have a Line of Credit (LOC) associated with my checking. Quicken tracks it as a separate account.

When I look at this account in Quicken it simply says "This loan is paid off" and does not show me any of the past transactions. Is there a way to set this up so that the transaction register can be seen? Note the date: 0/0/1900 !

Here are the account details ...

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Line of Credit account should be created in Quicken as if it was a credit card account. That's because you can repeatedly take money out of the account and pay it back.
    A Loan account is a one-time affair. You take money out, you pay it back. When the account reaches $0.00, it's done. Paid off.
    After creating a backup of your Quicken data file please try this:
    Delete the account (or, if you already have valid past transactions in it, deactivate it, then mark it closed in Quicken).
    Create a new offline (manual) credit card account with $0.00 opening balance.
    Try to activate it and see if that works, otherwise leave the account offline and manually record any transactions in it, as per the bank statement.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR,

There is an account category called "consumer loan" as opposed to the category "loan." Can you explain the difference? Would consumer loan work for me (show transaction history)? If so, would this be better than pretending it was a credit card?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bertilak said:
    UKR,

There is an account category called "consumer loan" as opposed to the category "loan." Can you explain the difference? Would consumer loan work for me (show transaction history)? If so, would this be better than pretending it was a credit card?

Sorry, no, I can't explain this. Someone from Quicken will have to chime in.
    Personally, I have had a LOC account, defined as a credit card for many years and it has worked for me for a very infrequent use.
  • I, too, have had a LOC account that has worked for years (20)...until now!!! Says it is paid off and I can't see the transactions or enter any in. I downloaded a couple transactions for this month, hadn't used it in several months and was unable to get rid of the red flag until I went in and changed it to auto reconcile. (Changed it back after the flag was gone) What was the setting that Quicken changed in the update?
  • This is soooo weird! I kept going back and back to my old files, until I found one 5 months ago that allowed me to see the transactions. I then opened the one I had been working on that wouldn't let me, and then.. the transactions were there!! BTW mine is listed as credit in the setup file.
This discussion has been closed.