Copy/paste keyboard shortcuts not working?

Is anyone else not able to copy or paste into Quicken using the standard keyboard shortcuts? Crtl+C & CTRL+V do nothing for me, even though it works on literally every other program on my computer. Copying and pasting from the menus within Quicken still works.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    If you haven't already, I suggest you verify you have Windows standard chosen for the Keyboard mappings in the Setup preferences: select Edit > Preferences...

Answers

• tivolo
    tivolo Member ✭✭✭
    I just tried it and it worked fine. I did a copy from Notepad and a paste into the "Payee" field of one of my account registers. I used the keyboard shortcuts for both of these actions. I also tried the reverse (copy from Quicken and paste into Notepad) and that worked as well.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    If you haven't already, I suggest you verify you have Windows standard chosen for the Keyboard mappings in the Setup preferences: select Edit > Preferences...

• KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:

sorry, should've specified this. yes, first thing i checked - this was already enabled.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @KnnNike what are you trying to copy and paste?

You can't copy and paste a transaction this way, you can only copy and paste fields with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    @KnnNike what are you trying to copy and paste?

You can't copy and paste a transaction this way, you can only copy and paste fields with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.
    Nope, understood. It's the fields that aren't working. I can neither copy nor paste into individual fields unless I use the copy/paste command from the top menu or the right click. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well then I don't know why it isn't working for you.  It is working for me.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    it's ridiculous...it's literally the only program on my computer with this issue. and i've tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Are you running Quicken for Windows natively on a US Windows 10 or 8.1 PC?
    Or are you running Quicken for Windows in a virtual machine environment like Parallels on a Mac or Unix-variant?
    In the latter case, the VM may need to be (re-)configured to correctly pass thru command keystrokes to the Windows guest system ...
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Are you running Quicken for Windows natively on a US Windows 10 or 8.1 PC?
    Or are you running Quicken for Windows in a virtual machine environment like Parallels on a Mac or Unix-variant?
    In the latter case, the VM may need to be (re-)configured to correctly pass thru command keystrokes to the Windows guest system ...
    Nope, native Windows 10
  • AmyM
    AmyM Member
    I'm having the same problem. Just trying to paste text into a field. Let me know if you've figured it out.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the keyboard shortcuts appear in the main Edit menu and are they enabled (not gray)?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• PCs4Ever
    PCs4Ever Member
    Same issue here. My choices are gray-shaded (not active) and I've changed my settings to use Windows shortcuts rather than Quicken's. I'm a new subscriber using Home and Business with Windows 10 that was downloaded a few days ago. All help appreciated. Thank you.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please.
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.
    Please describe exactly what you're trying to do.
    What Quicken window are you using at the time?
    Can you provide an image snapshot of the problem?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Evelyn Bunton
    Evelyn Bunton Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sherlock. Setting the preferences did it! I've been fighting and complaining about that since my first Quicken, about 10 years ago... Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.