Downloads from Vanguard - says more info/accounts than I have set up in Quicken.

I can not get the program to update properly. Quicken keeps telling me Vanguard has downloaded more info/accounts than I have set up in Quicken. Checked the listing of accounts & it agrees with Vanguard website. Yet I still get the Quicken error message that Vanguard has downloaded more info/accounts.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @michael barry, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize that you are having this issue. To better assist you I will need a few more details. For instance, apart from that message are you getting any error codes? Are any of your accounts hidden/kept separate? What version of Quicken are you using? 

In addition, it would be beneficial to have you get a screen shot to take a closer look. For further instructions on attaching a screen shot click here. Please note that you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

Once more details are provided we can move forward with diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 

• michael barry
    michael barry Member ✭✭
    Screen shot attached. Whatever codes I received are reflected in the screen shot. There are no hidden accounts. I am using Quicken Deluxe, as updated.
  • michael barry
    michael barry Member ✭✭
    One additional issue- - -Quicken keeps telling me that my Vanguard password is not correct. It is, however, correct as it is the same password I use to access the Vanguard website.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @michael barry

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• michael barry
    michael barry Member ✭✭
    Created the test file and downloaded info from Vanguard. All Vanguard account info was complete in the download. Unfortunately, the download only goes back to the beginning of 2020. Historical data will have to be maintained in a separate file.

FYI, I was able to get a complete download on my existing file. Did not do anything different; the download simply worked this time. Again, unfortunately, Quicken classified downloaded information as Matched, Near Match or New. The "New" info, however, was an exact match to prior transactions. This applies to hundreds, and I do mean hundreds, of transactions, which, according to instructions, I would have to individually delete. Any other way of correcting this problem?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

@michael barry

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear we made some progress at least. With the transactions do you currently have it so you need to accept transactions prior to letting them in the register or do they all go in at once. 

One of the options we could potentially do to delete the new transactions is to sort them then mass delete the ones that are appearing as new. We can do this by selecting the account under the account bar then in the top right selecting the gear. From there select Edit Multiple Transactions. This should give you a better time with selecting the transactions. 

Depending on if this works for you please let us know. If you're having difficulty still let us know and we'll see what we can attempt next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco