What happened to the search box in the Spending tab?

I've seen the posts about the search box being moved to the left in the Account Registers (I too prefer the location on the right), but I didn't find mention of box being entirely gone in the Spending tab.  I opened tab and moved my mouse up to the upper right hand corner and the search box is just gone.  I found it to the left in the register windows but sometimes I'm not sure which credit card a payment was made on or I'm checking several receipts at once so it's much more convenient to go to the Spending tab where I can search multiple accounts at once.

Am I missing something?  Is there a way to turn it back on?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I didn't notice until you mentioned it.  It is completely missing.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Brent
    Brent Member ✭✭
    Is there a place where we can request that this is fixed/added back? (I'm hoping I'm not the only person who really misses this feature.)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes besides this post which they are supposedly looking at you can select Help -> Report a problem, that will send it to the developers.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Brent
    Brent Member ✭✭
    Thank you Chris_QPW. I've sent feedback using that method as well.
  • Brent
    Brent Member ✭✭
    Well, the fix still isn't in (not totally surprised). But I've noticed that if you use the search box in an account tab and then go to another account tab (without clearing that box) and do a search in that second account tab - if you then clear the search with the "X" in that tab's search box, when you go back to the first account tab - the "X" will be missing from the search box in the first tab. Sorry - that is probably really hard to follow. But at any rate, you can delete the search parameters from the search box in the initial account tab (using Backspace or Delete keys) and all is back to normal but it is a bit of an annoyance and maybe it can be fixed at the same time as adding back the search box on the Spending tab. You could also perform another search by overwriting the search you had and pressing the magnifying glass. But you can't quickly click back to seeing all the transactions in that account with a single mouse click to clear the search filter.

(Note - If anyone tries to duplicate this, the "X" doesn't disappear on either tab until you use it on one of the tabs. The search box function must be calling a common subroutine to determine if there should be an "X" or the magnifying glass.)
  • Brent
    Brent Member ✭✭
    It's now July and I'm just bumping this because for some reason the search box hasn't been brought back to the Spending tab. It seems like it would be an easy fix to bring it back. (Yes, I'm a little frustrated as I have to first figure out which account to search before I can search... or try one and then try another. It was so much easier before. Sorry for ranting.)