Quicken won't download transactions

I had to update my membership (new thing I guess). Once I did that, and updated it in windows, it stated that everything would start working. I still cannot get Quicken to update and download transactions since January!!! I am flying by the seat of my pants when it comes to my checking account and it is not going good! Someone please tell me how to fix this so I can utilize the program I have been using since early 2000.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Once that is done, you should no longer receive the error and be able to run and complete a One Step Update successfully.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • candirepka
    candirepka Member
    Thank you for responding. I tried everything you suggested and it did not help. It did actually allow it to complete a full one-step update but nothing downloaded. I have not been able to download anything since January. Any help, besides manually inputting, would be greatly appreciated.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do HELP, About Quicken and tell us:
    • What Q product you're running,
    • The BUILD of that product, and
    • Your "Membership Valid thru" date.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• candirepka
    candirepka Member
    Deluxe is the product, Version R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24, membership valid thru 01.04.2022
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What FI's are you trying to download from and what type of connection (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect) is being made to each one?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • candirepka
    candirepka Member
    I'm trying to download from my bank, a credit union, never had a problem before. Already checked with them and they are still accepting or licensed for quicken and quickbooks. Also have a couple credit cards. Connections vary by company.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2021
    Hello @candirepka,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please include the full name of the financial institution?

Next, if you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now), please?

Please, follow the instructions found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• candirepka
    candirepka Member
    I've deactivated all and tried reactivating all and nothing. I also made a full back up and moved to another device (tablet) hoping maybe that might help, nothing.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update and for providing additional information.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.