Where are banking login passwords saved (Q Mac)

Robhawaii
Robhawaii Member ✭✭
Are bank login credentials only saved in my Mac's Keychain on my hard drive or are they also saved on Quicken servers? If I login to the Quicken App on iPhone I'm asked for additional verification (enter code texted to phone) in order to update balances.
(Using Quicken Mac 6.2.2 and iPhone App)

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    To my knowledge, brokerage accounts are only done via Direct Connect and therefore this would not apply. To verify this, open the account's Settings screen (menu Account > Settings) and click the Downloads tab. This will display the connection type being used.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    For Direct Connect accounts, the credentials are stored locally. For Quicken Connect accounts, the credentials are stored on Quicken servers. This is necessitated by the nature of Quicken Connect, which aggregates transactions from the web independent of you being logged into your copy of Quicken.

• Robhawaii
    Robhawaii Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the information.
    If I uncheck save password to Keychain will this also remove the password from the Quicken Servers?
    My concern is related to the extra personal security measures I follow for brokerage investment accounts which I do not need to update daily.
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    To my knowledge, brokerage accounts are only done via Direct Connect and therefore this would not apply. To verify this, open the account's Settings screen (menu Account > Settings) and click the Downloads tab. This will display the connection type being used.
  • Robhawaii
    Robhawaii Member ✭✭
    Yes, that is correct- Brokerage accounts use Direct Connect and Bank accounts use Quicken Connect. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.