Spending graph showing spending in categories as a percentage of income?

Options
ewe
ewe Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Hello,

The spending graph shows me each category and the percentage of my total spending used by each category. Is there an easy way to see what percentage of my salary is being spent on each category?

Thank You

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The percentage of income may be calculated by multiplying the spending by category percentage by the total spending divided by the total income for the time period.

I suggest exporting an Income/Expense by Category report customized for the desired categories and time period into a spreadsheet which can be further customize to calculate spending by category as a percentage on salary.

Answers

• ewe
    ewe Member
    Options
    Sorry, just realized I was supposed to include my Quicken version - R33.24 Windows
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The percentage of income may be calculated by multiplying the spending by category percentage by the total spending divided by the total income for the time period.

I suggest exporting an Income/Expense by Category report customized for the desired categories and time period into a spreadsheet which can be further customize to calculate spending by category as a percentage on salary.
  • ewe
    ewe Member
    Options
    Thank you Sherlock, I was hoping there might be a way to do it inside of Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.