Unable to download from Lowe's credit card

Options
Franhorn
Franhorn Member ✭✭
I followed the instruction for validating online billers. The message says it's all in sync but I still can't download. What do I do now?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Franhorn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, since validating has failed to resolve this issue for you; have you tried removing and re-adding the online biller? First, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, to remove the bill; in the Bills & Income tab, please navigate to the Settings gear icon on the top-right, and select Manage Online billers. From there, in the Actions column, click on the downward arrow next to Edit Password and click Remove (see example below).

Once the biller has been removed, go ahead and try to re-add it and see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Franhorn
    Franhorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    version 2017
  • Franhorn
    Franhorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Followed instruction. Says I have no online billers added.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information.

If you are using Quicken 2017 then that would explain why you are unable to download any information, and unfortunately, there would not be a way to fix that other than upgrading to the latest Quicken subscription model as support for Quicken 2017, along with earlier versions, have been discontinued and no longer offer any Online Connected services.

For more information about our discontinuation policy, please refer to this support article.

I apologize for not having better news to share with you, though I hope this information serves to be useful to you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Franhorn
    Franhorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have paid for upgrades every year since 2017. Properties shows 2017 but if I go to Quicken help this is what it shows: Version: R33.24 Build: 27.1.33.24.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying.

In that case, then you do have the annual subscription-based program and not Quicken 2017.

Also, to clarify; Is the Lowe's Credit Card an Online biller you are trying to download an amount due for, or are you trying to download transaction history in a Credit Card account register?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Franhorn
    Franhorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Transaction history only.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying.

In that case, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Franhorn
    Franhorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    That did not work either. If I try downloading from Quicken keeps saying my login is incorrect. If I export from Lowe's site I get a message: "Close current file?" If I click "yes" I get "unknown error". If I click "no" nothing happens.
  • Franhorn
    Franhorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK! I finally got it to work. This is what I did: Deleted all the credit card info from the current Lowe's file and entered Lowe’s as a new account.
    At some point it seems Lowe’s changed from Synchrony bank to Lowe’s Consumer Credit Card. I’ve had this problem for months and they were never able to help me.
    Thank you so much for all the time you spent with me. I hope this will help you if someone else comes across this problem.
This discussion has been closed.