Will I be able to use my current version on new IMAC?

Options
Linda T
Linda T Member
edited May 2022 in Before you Buy
I'm currently using Quicken 2017 on a IMAC (2015). Will I be able to use Quicken 2017 on a new Mac with M1 chip using latest version of OS (Sur)?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes. Well, let's say it's not been officially tested on Big Sur, since Quicken 2017 became unsupported before Big Sur came out. But there have been no reports here of people who are still running Quicken 2017 having problems with the latest OS. There will likely be issues sometime in the future -- as Apple keeps advancing the operating system which require to Quicken making changes in the current version of Quicken Mac to keep pace -- but there's no way to know which macOS upgrade will break something in Quicken 2017.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes. Well, let's say it's not been officially tested on Big Sur, since Quicken 2017 became unsupported before Big Sur came out. But there have been no reports here of people who are still running Quicken 2017 having problems with the latest OS. There will likely be issues sometime in the future -- as Apple keeps advancing the operating system which require to Quicken making changes in the current version of Quicken Mac to keep pace -- but there's no way to know which macOS upgrade will break something in Quicken 2017.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.