Can I start a fresh set of holdings in an existing account

Can I eliminate existing holdings and start with a fresh set of holdings in an existing account?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure what you mean or what to do - help us.....
    explain ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    penguin19 said:
    Can I eliminate existing holdings and start with a fresh set of holdings in an existing account?
    We may eliminate existing holdings with Removed action transactions and establish a fresh set of holdings with Added action transactions.
  • penguin19
    penguin19 Member
    My brokerage account investment holdings have changed significantly since account creation and no longer align with my Quicken holdings for those accounts. I am not interested in the long history of buys and sales and trying to reconcile each transaction in Quicken. I would just like to start fresh with a current listing of existing holdings and balances. If I delete the accounts it says my transaction history will be lost. Not sure what damage will occur if I just delete the accounts and start fresh with a current download. Also I think the Quicken file of stock listings has grown unwieldy.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not simply create a new investment account in Q?
    Disconnect the existing account from download and attach the new account to your brokerage account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    what version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    what brokerage for your holdings ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10