How to alphabetize reports in My Saved Reports folder?

Options
In Reports Center, all reports are sorted ->alpha, however in a My Saved Reports Folder, i.e. "Household Expenses" are listed in date added order. Annoying. What am I missing?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess I'd never really paid any attention to "order" in my saved reports but your question prompted me to go look at my saved reports, and they are sorted in alpha order. 
    You used the term "folder" here and I'm not sure if you are referring to an actual folder you've created within the "My Saved Reports" section of the "Reports and Graphs" Center, a folder where you've saved your customized reports, or if you're referring to that section itself that shows your saved reports.  I didn't try it, but maybe if you're storing your reports within a folder that's in the "My Saved Reports" area, those reports get stored in date order?

• tabasco
    tabasco Member ✭✭
    Options
    I store subfolders in My Saved Reports, in which are reports listed in date order, that I'd like to alphabetize.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tabasco said:
    I store subfolders in My Saved Reports, in which are reports listed in date order, that I'd like to alphabetize.

Looking through Preferences I can't see any way to do this. 
    I clicked on Manage Saved Reports, created a new folder, then moved some of my currently saved reports into the new folder.  These reports were in alpha order in the new folder, even though I purposely moved the saved reports in reverse alpha order.
    I then created two new saved reports, the first one named "z" and the second one named "a", and put them directly into the newly created folder within My Saved Report.  Those two saved reports are also properly alpha sorted.
    Not sure what to say here, it does look like the program should be presenting the saved reports in alpha order, not date created order. 
    If I was going to try and fix this in my own file I guess I'd first try validating: File > File Operations > Copy..., then using the copied file, File > File Operations > Validate and Repair...
    If that didn't work the next thing to try would be complete uninstall/reinstall of Quicken.  Something's hinky the data or the program, it seems.
    Have you tried taking the saved reports out of one of the subfolders and then putting them back in in correct alpha order?  If that works it's clearly a band-aid as the program should be putting them in alpha order on its own.
  • tabasco
    tabasco Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. I overlooked a detail here: in Reports Center/My Saved Reports, each subfolder's files ARE listed ->alpha. It's the Toolbar "shortcut" where the subfolder files are listed-> date created. Sorry for the confusion. So, to examine this, I used Customize Toolbar to remove all 4 subfolders, closed Quicken, reopened it, added each of the subfolders to the Toolbar. All files are still listed in date order, and I can live with it. I've used File/Validate in the past on other issues, however it's had no effect on this. Thanks for your prompt responses.
  • FredArthur
    FredArthur Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @tabasco I've grappled with the same issue. I have report FOLDERs pinned to on my toolbar. See the attachment. It would certainly be nice if they were in alpha order. Was it intentional to have them in chronological order?
    Quicken Windows Subscription: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2.
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version.)
  • tabasco
    tabasco Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @FredArthur said:
    > @tabasco I've grappled with the same issue. I have report FOLDERs pinned to on my toolbar. See the attachment. It would certainly be nice if they were in alpha order. Was it intentional to have them in chronological order?

Hi FredArthur. The Toolbar Folders contain reports I created, are listed in Chronological order apparently by default with no ability to change that order. That's the issue. I'd like to list alpha, or even group within the folder.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds like you should create another thread and suggest this so that people can vote on it.  That is how Quicken Inc takes suggestions, and decides how many people are interested in it.

Go to the Home tab and then select:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tabasco
    tabasco Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    thanks for this; I wanted to know if I was missing something, despite decades of Quicken use. It's not a high priority for me. I'd much rather Quicken devote resources to keeping their product secure and bug-free.
This discussion has been closed.