Printing Checks

when we upgraded to new version of Quicken my checks which are three part, the second and third part are not printing any description of the payment now
Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 7
    I don't know if you're using Quicken Mac or Quicken Windows; I'll answer from the Mac side, which you should disregard if you're using Quicken Windows...

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Here's a dummy transaction to a Payee called Test:

See that I've typed a payment memo in the Note field. Now when I print the checks, with the check style set to Voucher for 3-part printing…

…all the information, including the note, shows up three times on the page:

Can you see something different between what you are doing and what I have shown here? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waynebusa said:
    when we upgraded to new version of Quicken my checks which are three part, the second and third part are not printing any description of the payment now

You have not given any information on your setup.  @jacobs gave you a response from MAC.

When you upgraded, did you set up your checks again?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R35.31  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19043.1165
                       Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit Build 22000.176
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19043.1165

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• jacobs
    Oops, sorry, I didn't notice this was in the "Before You Buy" section of the forum; thanks @thecreator for pointing that out. I normally read and reply to comments in the Mac sections. If you're using Quicken Windows, please disregard my post -- and let us know so this thread can be moved to the appropriate section of the site where more Window users will see it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For users of Quicken for Windows printing Voucher Checks (1 business size check plus 2 vouchers per sheet), the answer is in the image below:

• jacobs
    @UKR. That shows categories; does it also print the Memo/Note line?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    @UKR. That shows categories; does it also print the Memo/Note line?

Yes. There's an area at the bottom of the stub, next to where Q prints the account register name, where the first 3" or so of the Memo line prints. (Keep it short!)
    A Split category's memo prints on the same line where the Split detail prints.
    Set up a test check with a couple of Splits and both Split memo, regular memo and tags and see what Q Win does.
This discussion has been closed.