show monthly account balances only

How do I get a report that shows the monthly account balance? For example, I want to see just the balance on a specific date every month for the past three months. This could be a credit card account or a checking account. I don't want all the details. I just want to see the history so I can project the future. The Bill & Income Spending has a graph that shows my checking accounts but that is not a report. I'd have to copy out each month.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you consider using a customize Account Balances report: select Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances, select a date range and an interval from the pull-down menus (for example, Last Quarter and Month).

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you consider using a customize Account Balances report: select Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances, select a date range and an interval from the pull-down menus (for example, Last Quarter and Month).
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For monthly intervals, Quicken always ends on the last day of the month; you can't specify a day of the month.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • CuriousAlice
    CuriousAlice Member ✭✭
    Hi! Thanks for the response and partial answer. Do you have any idea of how to see monthly (end of the month) balances for credit card or other non-checking accounts?
  • CuriousAlice
    CuriousAlice Member ✭✭
    I'd like to remove the above comment. I saw Jim_Harman's answer and replied to that before I saw Sherlocks. Both combined answered my question. Yes, I can get balances for the credit card accounts per Sherlocks reply. No, I cannot choose the date for the balances per Jim_Harman. Thank you both.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi! Thanks for the response and partial answer. Do you have any idea of how to see monthly (end of the month) balances for credit card or other non-checking accounts?
    You may control the accounts included in the report: open the report, press Alt + C, select the Accounts tab, check the desired accounts, and select OK
This discussion has been closed.