Ally Bank - CC-503/103 (Windows & Mac) [Edited]

JWQ
JWQ Member ✭✭✭
Error code CC-503 with six Ally accounts. Last successful update 7/8/21. Went through all the suggestions here: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503 with no success. All other accounts (Express Web and Direct Connect) update correctly. Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions for resolution?

Best Answers

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes - having the same problem on my Ally accounts. Deactivated and tried to reactive and get the same error. Also - tried to add as new account and got the same error.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We ask that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files in order to file an escalation and further investigate this issue.

The more logs we are able to receive from you all, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Ed1960
    Ed1960 Member
    For two days now I've been getting the CC-503 error, stating that my login information is incorrect. The statement itself is incorrect (my login information is double checked and good, and I can use it on the web to login to Ally). Is anyone else getting this error, or is it just a problem with my account?
  • DisplacedHoosier
    Answer ✓
    Yes - having the same problem on my Ally accounts. Deactivated and tried to reactive and get the same error. Also - tried to add as new account and got the same error.
  • Ed1960
    Ed1960 Member
    Thanks for the reply/confirmation of the issue. I expect it will take Ally a few days to fix it.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited July 2021
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-503.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• SKH
    SKH Member
    I am experiencing the same problem. But also had problem logging into Ally. Turns out I could log into Ally from their www.ally.com page but not from their secure.ally.com site, which is the one I suspect Quicken is trying to access. If I am correct that would explain the problem and require Ally to fix their secure login page.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I bank at Ally, download transactions each morning with no issues
  • DisplacedHoosier
    This issue looks to be tied to specific user accounts at Ally.  I manage accounts and Quicken files for both myself and parents.  Their Ally login is still getting this error...  ...while my account has never had an issue.
  • Jerry Hurtt
    Jerry Hurtt Member
    I'm having the same CC-503 error with Ally Bank accounts. In the past, I could deactivate and setup again with success. That no longer works. I also noticed that my Microsoft MS Money spreadsheet addon also fails to connect and download Ally Bank transactions. MS Money uses PLAID as the secure integrator to access and download financial transactions. I suspect Quicken also uses PLAID or a similar integrator since you can not change / update passwords in One Step Update. The support articles steer you to deactivate and setup again to update the log in information but that still fails with Ally Bank. Is the problem with Ally Bank or the integrator services? Quicken support has to take the initiative to resolve this issue. I subscribe to Quicken so I don't have to use the web sign in to access and download QFX files. This is very frustrating.
  • Lance711
    Lance711 Member
    Me, too. Upgraded Ally Bank checking/savings password and does not accept update (returns to credential screen)L When creating new account/connection, screen freezes after inputting credentials.
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Any update on this issue? I'm still having the same errors. And why hasn't this been posted in the Known Product Issues section yet?
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. Tried the same general trouble shooting. I think either Ally or Quicken changed something. On the Ally website it says, "Ally does not currently support Direct Connect; however, you can use Express Connect and Web Connect." However, QM 6.2.2 has Direct Connect grayed out. I don't know if Quicken Connect used to work. But if the information on the Ally website is accurate it seems Quicken needs to make Direct Connect available for Ally bank.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Mark1104 wrote "I bank at Ally, download transactions each morning with no issues"

Very interesting that you are not having any problems. Assume you are using Quicken for Mac? Are you set for Quicken Connect? What version? [Removed- Speculation]
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    This issue looks to be tied to specific user accounts at Ally.  I manage accounts and Quicken files for both myself and parents.  Their Ally login is still getting this error...  ...while my account has never had an issue.
    Interesting. Are you and your parents using the same version? I'm having this problem with QM 6.2.2. Are both accounts using Quicken Connect?
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    > @RCinNJ said:
    > Mark1104 wrote "I bank at Ally, download transactions each morning with no issues"
    >
    > Very interesting that you are not having any problems. Assume you are using Quicken for Mac? What version? [Removed- Speculation]

FWIW I was having issues before the latest update and still see them with the latest (R34.20). I'm Windows though.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    I see this on the Windows forum but not on this Mac forum. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20190541#Comment_20190541

Anyone else unable to download? Started about a week ago. I looked into this and spoke to an agent at Ally. I think it is something Quicken has to fix but I don't see any acknowledgement of the problem.

If others are having this problem check out the Windows thread or post here.
  • JWQ
    JWQ Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-503.
    >
    > I hope this helps!

Hi Quicken Anja,

As you can see from several posts in this string, the recommended fix you referenced in your note has been tried without success. This does not seem to be an user error, but a Quicken system problem. Now that it has been confirmed with several users that there is a problem we are looking to Quicken for a solution.

Thanks,
    JWQ
  • Jonathan Perkins
    Jonathan Perkins Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue with Quicken for Mac--Quicken indicates that my Ally login credentials are incorrect, now matter now many times I try to reset or re-enter them. I'm using the same credentials that I use to log in on the Ally web site without errors.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

We ask that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files in order to file an escalation and further investigate this issue.

The more logs we are able to receive from you all, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• JWQ
    JWQ Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > We ask that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files in order to file an escalation and further investigate this issue.
    >
    > The more logs we are able to receive from you all, the better.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

An easy way to submit a ticket is using the link in the upper right corner of the "One Step Update Summary" window that notifies users of update problems. Click on "Report a problem..." for an automated way to send log files. Send lots of reports as this is apparently how to get Quicken's attention....
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just reported through Chat. I was told they are aware of the problem and gathering user examples. The agent had me upload some Log files. Not hard. I was also told they would announce in this thread when it is fixed.
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member ✭✭
    I spoke with Quicken support and Ally support. It seems the ultimate issue is on Ally's end. They're doing maintenance and fixes that are affecting people's logins that have a password with a special character(s). But it's only through other applications; as noted above, logging into Ally works just fine.

No ETA from Ally on when these fixes will be complete though. Hope it's not too long.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    arcee49 said:
    I spoke with Quicken support and Ally support. It seems the ultimate issue is on Ally's end. They're doing maintenance and fixes that are affecting people's logins that have a password with a special character(s). But it's only through other applications; as noted above, logging into Ally works just fine.
    That suggests that if one changes their password when logged into the Ally site, then goes to Quicken and updates the password theres, int might work. I don't have an Ally account to test -- just throwing that out there based on the post from @arcee49
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > That suggests that if one changes their password when logged into the Ally site, then goes to Quicken and updates the password theres, int might work. I don't have an Ally account to test -- just throwing that out there based on the post from @arcee49

I was going to do that...but the password change feature in Ally is also broken for the same reason :smile: You can apparently call Ally to have them send you a special link to change your password but I opted not to. Since I now know what the issue is and Ally is aware of it I'll just wait until it's fixed.

If someone else is willing to go through the effort to change their pw and try it would be great to have confirmation.
  • upstatenick
    upstatenick Member ✭✭
    I was experiencing the CC-503 error with my Ally accounts. I was able to change my password on Ally to one without special characters. One step update on Quicken now works.
  • tbrandvold
    tbrandvold Member ✭✭
    I was experiencing the CC-503 error with my Ally accounts. I was able to change my password on Ally to one without special characters. One step update on Quicken now works.

I was also able to change my online password with Ally to remove the special character. My update through Quicken now works again. I was without the ability to download for more than a week. The issue is with the special character. Good Luck.
  • BobSnipes
    BobSnipes Member ✭✭
    For the last 10 days or so, I have not been able to successfully update my Ally accounts. I get no error messages, but the report is no new transactions when I can see the transactions have been completed when I go to the Ally website. Am reporting this here in hopes that it will assist whoever is working on the problem. Will check back occasionally to see if there's a solution. Thanks.
  • JWQ
    JWQ Member ✭✭✭
    Seems the resolution is to reduce the security of your password at Ally... I was able to make the change on their site, update Quicken and all accounts now sync properly. I found that Quicken was of little help with this technical issue and really provided no notification, guidance or solution. Disappointing. Thanks to those who were also searching for answers and took the time to post and save Quicekn from having to apply their resources to actually fix the problem.
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member ✭✭
    @JWQ That's correct, a less secure password is the answer. Once Ally fixes things on their end you should be able to go back and make your password more secure again. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer.
  • elyaihu
    elyaihu Member
    I have had a slightly different issue with Ally in the last week (though I did have this same credential problem many weeks ago). Now I have been able to log in successfully through Quicken, but it breaks/locks my Ally account and it forces me to reset the account password, so the Quicken setup success is only temporary.

Ally has recently made security changes so I am not surprised that there have been access hiccups this month, but when I contacted them about the account locks, they firmly blamed Quicken and told me to contact Quicken for help. I do not know what Quicken could be doing to lock my account or how Quicken could troubleshoot that issue without further information.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the problem is with Ally not accepting special characters. On their website I can't find a definitive list of disallowed characters. I only found this under help for Quicken not downloading: "There are special characters in your account nickname. Characters, such as &, @, $, *, will prevent Quicken® from updating." My account nickname has no special characters so I assume they mean the password?? 

I tried to ask in a chat for a complete list of disallowed characters but putting special characters in a chat is not allowed. I'd say Ally has a problem. Calling and waiting for a person or sending an email is too much trouble. Might drop Ally.

This discussion has been closed.