Quicken Home and Business

Options
Is anyone using Quicken Home and Business to manage finances for small service clubs?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've used H&B for several Home owner associations, an educational all-volunteer non-profit and my former (now closed) consulting business and that of my late wife ... but never specifically for a service club.
    What financial needs/tasks does this club require?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hello @dougleeds33

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. Quicken is a great financial managing tool that is used for personal, business, rental and other purposes. 
    For more information about which package is best suited for your needs, visit the link below. 
    Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 
    -Quicken Paloma
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Sure. Or maybe. It depends what the needs are. I used Quicken for a decade as the treasurer of a small national non-profit organization with very simple bookkeeping needs.

But it depends what the club needs. If you need to generate invoices, for instance, only the Home & Business version (Windows-only) can do that; I used a Filemaker Pro database to generate and print the invoices I needed.

You can do things like tracking accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, depreciation, etc. in Quicken, but it's a little more awkward than in software designed for business accounting. Again, it just depends on what the organization's bookkeeping needs are.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dougleeds33
    dougleeds33 Member ✭✭
    Options
    We need to be able to send invoices to members on an annual basis. Then receive them and issue receipts all via email. We need to receive income from several fundraisers and set up categories to track the income so it can be distributed to a number of different recipients. We also need to input bills and schedule and pay them. A nice thing to have would be credit card acceptance but it is not a game stopper.
    Thanks for your response.
  • dougleeds33
    dougleeds33 Member ✭✭
    Options
    We don't need asset tracking, depreciation, etc. Mostly tracking and categorizing income and outgo. Sending invoices to members annually and tracking additional contributions to charity and club operations.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only the QWin product "Home & Business" can generate invoices. It can receive these annual payments and send "Statements", which would act as the receipts.
    You can set up your own categories, with or without their own tax lines, and these can be either Income or expense categories.
    Q itself doesn't accept credit cards, but you can download from Paypal/etc into Q so that you can record credit card transactions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dougleeds33
    dougleeds33 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, you have been very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.