Reports > Investing: Column Widths

gooddog50
gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
There have been a ton of questions/requests and comments about column width adjustability over the years regarding checking and investing registers. Most have been answered or updated and fixed in later revisions. I am wondering if there is a work around for the inability to adjust the column width in many of the investment reports.  In the Capital Gains report (below), you can grab the vertical bars and adjust just as you can in most of the bank & investing registers. In the Investment Income screenshot below, you have nothing to adjust, which results in information running off the screen even in full screen (F11). Yes you can grab the horizontal bar at the bottom of the page, granted.
But if any of the wizards and wizardettes (?) in this gang are familiar with a work around, I would appreciate the sharing of their knowledge.
Thanks in advance,
P.S. The Investment Income report screen is not the only report with this bug. I have found it in other investment reports when the parameters require multiple columns. 

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
Quicken Premier Subscription

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The generic work around for Quicken report formatting limitations is to export the report into a spreadsheet.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Sherlock I was anticipating that based on similar discussions. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • dw
    dw Member ✭✭
    this isn't an answer, it's a work around using another program
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dw said:
    this isn't an answer, it's a work around using another program

We are well aware of the fact that the Quicken Report Generator process could use some enhancements. Or a complete redesign.
    But until the programmers get around to it, I'm afraid all we (other Quicken users) can do is to file complaints and wait and hope ...
This discussion has been closed.